• 139(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
This addon doesnt work anymore and gives 401  OAuth errors.

Ive tried to create Api keys but Your tutorials on the first Post in the Thread arent working. The Google pages are different nowadays. I cant activate the Api as told in #7.  and afterwards there are complete other menus.

ive tried to deinstall it and delete "access_manager.json" from the adoon config page but its still unusable -.-

Im pretty annoyed because i use the addon to watch FiremanSam with my children, and as you can imagine the evening was not very funny today -.-

isnt there an old version anywhere to install untill this broken version is fixed or anyone can tell me how to create this api shit on the new google pages?
Hi,
I also have this error: Project 294899064488 has been scheduled for deletion and cannot be used for API calls.
Note, I do not login to youtube, just used to use it as a "guest": start addon, search, play. That's it.
What is the solution without logging in? (I don't want to login to youtube, just browse and play).
Thanks
I also encountered an issue - made things even worse because I had some youtube pages set up to be widgets on my screen, so I got stuck in a constant loop and unable to get out. I had to kill Kodi, reload it, and quickly disable the addon before the widgets tried to load - thank goodness I was able to do so.

I wouldn't blame the developer for this one though guys, it's likely some kind of change on the youtube side which broke the functionality - Kodi is a hobby system for me and many others, so a bit of tweaking here and there is to be expected. It's like if you have a car, you have to maintain it periodically. The good thing is that youtube is still a website you can load in a browser or on a phone and cast to your screen.  As far as I know, there isn't a device that Kodi runs on that can't open a web browser or a dedicated app to watch youtube.
(2020-02-18, 20:11)starslayer74 Wrote: I also encountered an issue - made things even worse because I had some youtube pages set up to be widgets on my screen, so I got stuck in a constant loop and unable to get out. I had to kill Kodi, reload it, and quickly disable the addon before the widgets tried to load - thank goodness I was able to do so.

I wouldn't blame the developer for this one though guys, it's likely some kind of change on the youtube side which broke the functionality - Kodi is a hobby system for me and many others, so a bit of tweaking here and there is to be expected. It's like if you have a car, you have to maintain it periodically. The good thing is that youtube is still a website you can load in a browser or on a phone and cast to your screen.  As far as I know, there isn't a device that Kodi runs on that can't open a web browser or a dedicated app to watch youtube.

Just go to this guide, follow it and everything works again!
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
(2020-02-18, 21:14)The-Boxhead Wrote:
(2020-02-18, 20:11)starslayer74 Wrote: I also encountered an issue - made things even worse because I had some youtube pages set up to be widgets on my screen, so I got stuck in a constant loop and unable to get out. I had to kill Kodi, reload it, and quickly disable the addon before the widgets tried to load - thank goodness I was able to do so.

Does this work without logging in to Youtube, or that is inevitable from now on?

Tried this several times. I must be missing something as it never works for me. Still get that OAuth client has been deleted error. Very frustrating :/
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2020-02-18, 21:57)LupinSansei Wrote:

Tried this several times. I must be missing something as it never works for me. Still get that OAuth client has been deleted error. Very frustrating :/ 
Yes, also tried it and it doesn't work, I get a 401 Client Secret incorrect (which it isn't - I copy/pasted it directly from the google setup pages into the api_keys.json file).
(2020-02-18, 21:14)The-Boxhead Wrote: Just go to this guide, follow it and everything works again!
ive tried that but the google page is different from the ones in the tutorial.
There isnt any "enable" button in step #7 and the other menus are also very different.
(2020-02-18, 21:37)zoli289 Wrote:
(2020-02-18, 21:14)The-Boxhead Wrote: Just go to this guide, follow it and everything works again!

Does this work without logging in to Youtube, or that is inevitable from now on? 

No sure if logging in is a requirement now, but I want that in any case. At least I can also confirm that setting up the personal API keys work. A bit tedious but it works perfect when completed.

Hi There, i did exactly each step, API created, set API, login, enable access (2x), everything ok, but at the end kodi wrote an error: Access not configured... YouTube plugin error and plugin crashed (or stop working).

Now i has the same error all the time.

Washa
(2020-02-18, 22:23)kodden Wrote:
(2020-02-18, 21:57)LupinSansei Wrote:

Yes, also tried it and it doesn't work, I get a 401 Client Secret incorrect (which it isn't - I copy/pasted it directly from the google setup pages into the api_keys.json file).

Remember to Get all the three keys generated. I used the method for pasting them by using the web address to my Kodi box throug http.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
Worked for me. Thanks for the tutorial!
Personal keys worked fine, thanks for the tutorial.
(2020-02-18, 23:42)The-Boxhead Wrote:
(2020-02-18, 22:23)kodden Wrote:
(2020-02-18, 21:57)LupinSansei Wrote: Tried this several times. I must be missing something as it never works for me. Still get that OAuth client has been deleted error. Very frustrating :/ 

Remember to Get all the three keys generated. I used the method for pasting them by using the web address to my Kodi box throug http.

The same issue for me, i copy/paste all 3 keys, i also checked it in api_keys.json.

Error log says:
YouTube Data API has not been used in project xxxxxxx before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting console.google....

But it's ready enable from time when i created it...

Please, do you know, where else could be an issue?

Thank you very much in advance.
Václav
Api keys creation procedure worked perfectly for me, no login in youtube was necessary, by the way.
  • 139(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18