• 166(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
@weaverdr 
Currently the Container + Codec combinations for those audio streams aren't currently supported. 

@ed_davidson
You could create strm files for videos, and favorites for things like channels. 
strm url: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=VIDEO_ID_HERE
favorite url: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/CHANNEL_ID_HERE/

@DjDiabolik
I'll look into an easier way to get the repositories.
Also the issue you posted should be fixed in 6.7.1~alpha1. Also please delete your log snippet from your post, use pastebin for those please.

If I didn't @ you here, please repost with a complete debug log (wiki)
If API key creation/use failed, try deleting your old projects and start from scratch. If it's still failing post the complete debug log (wiki)

I've updated post #2 and the repositories with alpha1
Code:
[fix] error caused by timestamp formatting
[lang] es_es strings |contrib: roliverosc|
[lang] pt_pt strings |contrib: daniel3x|
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2020-04-08, 23:57)anxdpanic Wrote: @weaverdr 
Currently the Container + Codec combinations for those audio streams aren't currently supported. 

@ed_davidson

@DjDiabolik
Also the issue you posted should be fixed in 1.0.1~alpha1. Also please delete your log snippet from your post, use pastebin for those please.

If API key creation/use failed, try deleting your old projects and start from scratch. If it's still failing post the complete debug log (wiki)

Code:

Oh.. wait a moment...... 1.0.1 alpha 1 ? Lol but i'm stay to use the latest 6.7.0 how it's possible ?

Otherwise ok i go to cut and paste log on a paste.kodi.tv.

I have other question... the api suggestion it's for me ? I have my api and i have used whitout issue from months and months... very strange.

*EDIT*
Lol... problably a little typing error. 6.7.1-aplha1 installed and all it's back to works also as ever. Thanks again.. if i can considerate you...my friend.
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
I had a bit of a nightmare getting my personal API key working with this addon but finally found the issue. Even though I had an old API key it appears to have timed out according to Google, even though it says it was active in the console.

I created a new key and suddenly everything started working again.

On my Nvidia shield I found a nice new app called X-Plore to copy the JSON file into the userdata directory from a windows machine. Much easier than typing it out!
Hi.

When I try to play a premieres video on Youtube I get this error:
https://paste.kodi.tv/wezetufiye.kodi

Other videos, even live streams I can play normally. 

Any suggestions, how to solve this?
Thanks
@gyroland 
It's fixed in the current GitHub master branch, will be included in the next release. 
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube
(2020-04-08, 23:57)anxdpanic Wrote: @weaverdr 

@ed_davidson

@DjDiabolik
Also the issue you posted should be fixed in 6.7.1~alpha1. Also please delete your log snippet from your post, use pastebin for those please.

Code:
Hello @anxdpanic, I am reposting with a debug log file:

"I've been using Kodi (as OSMC) on Raspberry Pi for 2 years now and the Youtube add-on has been a favourite of mine and a life saver, especially through casting videos from a laptop and mobile device. Since some 1 or two months, however, I cannot play any videos on the Youtube addon at all. I tried to create an API key, followed all guideline but still nothing. Today I thought I should try again and search this forum once again, since I find a solution here almost everytime I have a problem. So I updated to the newest version which requires (if I am not mistaken) a personal API key. I inserted the old already created API key, did the verification twice and logged in to the account. Everything seemed having gone back to normal, until I actually tried to play a video. Then OSMC crashed and the sad face appeared on screen. I tried again and again, with the same unfortunate result.

I am requesting any available help on my problem. Maybe this old log file from a recent try will help --> ogibizuzus

In the meantime, I created a new API key hoping that this might fix anything, but it didn't.
@Rough_Silk You need to enable debug logging, restart, reproduce the issue and then upload the log. Turn debug logging off after. See debug log (wiki) for more information
(2020-04-12, 18:42)anxdpanic Wrote: @Rough_Silk You need to enable debug logging, restart, reproduce the issue and then upload the log. Turn debug logging off after. See debug log (wiki) for more information
Thank you for the remark. You can find the debug log in utorinosuq
Hi all.  I followed the instructions here: https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys

to create the API/Auth access needed, and that worked fine, great documentation - everything exactly as per the page.

However, now, I am not sure how to really use it!

When I run it, i get Sign in, search, 3xlive options, switch user and settings.

How do I get to watch later, subscriptions, playlists etc?
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
Posting this to help people that might have a problem logging in after making their keys

If you follow the instructions to make your keys
then you enter your key information by going to the YouTube Plugin context menu
go to API and insert your keys
or enable the webserver and then insert your keys (double check in API Settings that they are correct)

This is where I had a problem

I would try to login to my account from within the plugin
and Google would allow the first app
then I would enter the key for the second app

and I would receive a screen that says THIS APP ISN'T VERIFIED

So at the bottom it says Advanced
Click advanced and then it shows you a link
click the link and allow the app to work and enter your key from the kodi screen

It will then let you login

https://imgur.com/a/9POxGgy

however like any good news there is bad news and so far I am being limited to SD Quality video from within the YouTube App

I go to a music video and it plays in SD Quality
I go to the YouTube Settings and enable .. Ask For Resolution each time
And I do not see 720,1080, 2k or 4k and this is a popular group that does have video in 4k for their songs

So now I work on figuring out that

It seems that the YouTube App just can not see the HD or 4k Video is available
of course my settings are to play 720/1080 in the youtube app
I am going to double check something else but
if prompt me is not showing 720 available then i think its something I can't adjust
I must search for more info
if you know then please reply... thanks
(2020-04-09, 21:52)docwra Wrote: I had a bit of a nightmare getting my personal API key working with this addon but finally found the issue. Even though I had an old API key it appears to have timed out according to Google, even though it says it was active in the console.

I created a new key and suddenly everything started working again.

On my Nvidia shield I found a nice new app called X-Plore to copy the JSON file into the userdata directory from a windows machine. Much easier than typing it out!

The YouTube Plugin Settings also has a HTTP Web Server

So you can enable it by highlighting the YouTube Plugin and pressing C for Context Menu and then go to Plugin Settings....
Enable the Http Server
then from your computer you can browse to your device
my device is an android tv box... you need to  know the IP and the port

then it will show you a page in your browser to insert the keys and send them to your device.

remember to turn the server off after you are done
and go to API and make sure your keys were saved correctly

.. yeah man my wifi password for my home network is the maximum length random chars and special chars its insane it takes me 20 minutes to enter the user and pass heh... was that a one or a lower case L ... ? who knows heh
@Rough_Silk
I wasn't able to figure out the cause from the log, still trying to reproduce. It doesn't appear to be key related, so you should be fine with your api keys as they are.

@wcndave 
You need to Sign In for any of that content.

@ZippyTheChicken 
>720/360p requires InputStream Adaptive, and a couple settings changed in the add-on.
In the YouTube Settings enable, Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH, and Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use for videos
Then you'll be able to control the video quality in Settings - MPEG-DASH
(2020-04-13, 18:40)anxdpanic Wrote: @wcndave 

@ZippyTheChicken 
>720/360p requires InputStream Adaptive, and a couple settings changed in the add-on.
In the YouTube Settings enable, Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH, and Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use for videos
Then you'll be able to control the video quality in Settings - MPEG-DASH

@ZippyTheChicken The note you wrote about THIS APP ISN'T VERIFIED, are all part of the official "how to create API keys and authorise"

@anxdpanic. I am signed in.  that's what I get after signing in....

I can do a search, and watch a video, and it shows up in my watch history on other devices...
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
(2020-04-14, 10:23)wcndave Wrote:
(2020-04-13, 18:40)anxdpanic Wrote: @wcndave 

@anxdpanic. I am signed in.  that's what I get after signing in....

I can do a search, and watch a video, and it shows up in my watch history on other devices...  

I tried again on a brand new install I started yesterday, and it worked....
Hi, it's possibile set default view inside "my subscriptions" at start of plugin ?
  • 166(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18