• 188(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
@F.Horst 
Need a complete debug log (wiki), see the post before yours.

@Gijsje117 
All versions should have this option, the Settings Categories will scroll if API is not visible
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2020-08-27, 11:45)F.Horst Wrote: https://paste.kodi.tv/akunajexut.kodi

Hello,
can someone please take a look at my log.
About ca. every third video is acknowledged by the addon with an error.
I checked the api, logged in from time to time and finally installed the latest Youtube Addon beta.
I also made a downgrade to CoreELEC 9.2.3. All without success.
Is there anything else I can do, or is it Youtube itself? 

Thanks
It's probably another problem with signature deciphering of music videos. See here: https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...e2467aec50
I've updated post #2 and the repositories to 6.8.4~beta2
Code:
~beta2
[fix] next page now ignores sorting, remains at the end of the directory
[chg] only log http server ping failures

~beta1
[fix] searching, no longer require remote safe search
[fix] notifications for some languages
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2020-08-07, 16:52)anxdpanic Wrote: @rolandm
I'm unable to determine the issue from the log, will try to look into it further.

Thanks!
I solved the problem for me by disabling the he.net IPv6 tunnel I had configured in my Fritz!Box. I currently have an IPv4 only connection.

I also had problems updating Ubuntu in another net which could be solved this way. My FireTV 4k Stick worked in this net.

Seems to be either IPv6 problems in Ubuntu and YouTube servers or in the AVM firmware or at he.net...
Please contact me if anybody wants to dig into this...
I hope these problems will not return if some day my connection will be changed to IPv6 only...
Greetings Gurus,

I am using Kodi 18.6 and Youtube Add-On 6.8.3.

When I enter the Settings screen for the add-on it is empty, that is to say, it simply says that there are not any categories.

What am I missing?

I am trying to get to the API Key section but there is nothing.

Cheers

Col
I set up a developers API key some months ago on Kodi 18.2 on a S905 box. It works flawlessly and I have no issues with it.
Since then, however, I have have issues getting the kodi youtube addon to work on my PC or on my phone.

Do the PC and phone each need their own unique keys? Or can you only have one set of developer keys?
(2017-12-25, 10:55)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2017-12-25, 05:29)Licentia Wrote: Is the daily quota limit for this add on ever going to be fixed?
Are you ever going to read the FAQ and Personal API instructions for this addon (that are noted in my signature)?

NB: these are still linked to the old thread but will be transferred to this new thread in the coming days when I have time do so.
The thread does not exist.
The thread he's referring to is actually the one that you're currently posting in.

And to answer the question, yes all of the devices can share the same personal API keys. You only need one set overall.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-09-05, 17:10)DarrenHill Wrote: And to answer the question, yes all of the devices can share the same personal API keys. You only need one set overall.

That's great news. Thanks!
I had attempted to copy files from the working YT addon, but wasn't sure which files were needed, and had noticed the directory structure in the three devices are very different. If fact, there are kodi directories that I have never been able to find on my phone. Also, the versions of Kodi will vary and probably the version of the YT addonsHuh The S905 box is on Kodi 18.2 and stuck there. The other 2 devices will be more recent.
Is there a Faq or something that can help me with those issues?
@WarpLover - Start with the first few posts in this thread, and if there's outstanding questions then ask them here.

Also see here - https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys

Between the two I think it should cover most everything.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-09-05, 21:09)DarrenHill Wrote: @WarpLover - Start with the first few posts in this thread, and if there's outstanding questions then ask them here.

Also see here - https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys

Between the two I think it should cover most everything.

For the next guy who asks, the answer was simply: get the three magic numbers out of the settings.xml file and type them in manually.

There! It didn't have to be so obtuse.
All in one sentence. Succinct and to the point.
(2020-09-05, 21:48)WarpLover Wrote:
(2020-09-05, 21:09)DarrenHill Wrote:  
For the next guy who asks, the answer was simply: get the three magic numbers out of the settings.xml file and type them in manually.

I'd love to do that.  I have generated the keys (PKI stuff isn't really that scary). Except the settings dialog in the add-on is empty so there is nowhere to put the keys...

I am clearly making a noob error but as a noob I am struggling to see why the dialog isn't populated.
(2020-09-05, 23:07)rabbitz Wrote:
(2020-09-05, 21:48)WarpLover Wrote: For the next guy who asks, the answer was simply: get the three magic numbers out of the settings.xml file and type them in manually.

I'd love to do that.  I have generated the keys (PKI stuff isn't really that scary). Except the settings dialog in the add-on is empty so there is nowhere to put the keys...

I am clearly making a noob error but as a noob I am struggling to see why the dialog isn't populated.
You go into the YT addon settings to API. In there you flip the 'API configuration page' switch to ON.
Above that you will see three empty fields. Just put in those three numbers which are found in settings.xml
I had to do it by hand. I could not copy and paste. Make sure you are straight on l vs 1 0 vs O and q vs g.
I used a stylus on my phone.
(2020-09-06, 01:35)WarpLover Wrote:
(2020-09-05, 23:07)rabbitz Wrote:
(2020-09-05, 21:48)WarpLover Wrote: For the next guy who asks, the answer was simply: get the three magic numbers out of the settings.xml file and type them in manually.

You go into the YT addon settings to API. In there you flip the 'API configuration page' switch to ON.
Above that you will see three empty fields. Just put in those three numbers which are found in settings.xml
I had to do it by hand. I could not copy and paste. Make sure you are straight on l vs 1 0 vs O and q vs g.
I used a stylus on my phone.
Thanks for your reply.

The issue is (or rather was) that the YT addon settings is empty.  Nothing, Nada, Zero, no settings at all.  No sub-section headings nothing.

After much faffing around in various places turning things on and off, dicking with xml files, etc. the settings finally appeared (I have no idea what enabled them finally).

I can now manually add the strings - apart from the fact that they don't actually work and after many retries and regenerations of the keys it stubbornly refuses to work. (Nor does the "enable two applications" palaver).

I now remember why, when I used to be a slave in the IT world, that I hated 'IX' systems more than other OS's.

So it looks like the Pi will be consigned to the role of dust collector, it's a pity as the KODI thing showed much promise but as YT is non-functioning and Google will continue to move the goal posts, then I really can't be bothered.  Geeks might enjoy the chase but I am well beyond that and if it doesn't work "OOB", in the 21st Century, it's not worth pursuing.
On a Pi, the easiest way is to SSH into it from a PC on your network and use method 3 in the GitHub wiki link I posted before.

You can then enter the keys directly into the json file where they are stored via copy/paste.

It's true that it can be somewhat of a pain to do, but that seems to be how Google want/need it to be.

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 188(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18