• 36(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2018-04-18, 04:52)Xmetalfanx Wrote: hate to post this question here, but I am not sure where else may be better to ask this.

I have had that constant quota issue and its honestly one reason I am CONSIDERING getting a Firestick (I am really sorry if its this sounds like a knock on the addon, its not suppose to be ... I thank the dev team for their hard work, 100%) .... ANYWAY ... I did just recently create a personal API key with a tutorial and my question is .... I have the setting to use my personal API key set to on, though I (at the moment) do not have the three keys (the key, the "authorization", and the secret ... whatever all of that stuff is) typed into the addon atm ... when i login to YouTube via the addon, does it pull down that stuff automatically or am i still suppose to type all those "keys" in manually?

Things seem to work now but I am not sure if its ACTUALLY using my personal keys or not.
You need to put those in there, otherwise it wont know what key you have. 

Jeff
(2018-04-17, 01:32)anxdpanic Wrote: @burekas Requires Kodi 18, and inputstream.adaptive >= 2.2.12 are sub-points to the Purchases addition. The required changes to inputstream.adaptive for YouTube DRM are only available in the Kodi 18 versions.
But if I install the last version, it won't work in 17.6?
So until I will update to Kodi 18, to stay with beta 8?

Thanks
@rrrevin 
InputStream Adaptive >= 2.0.12 and Use MPEG-DASH is required for live streams.
- Enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH
- To use dash for vods as well, enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Enable mpeg-dash proxy
- Configure InputStream Adaptive
Live streams should work after that.

@DjDiabolik Will look at resolving that.

@mrbaker Will need a debug_log (wiki) to hopefully see what is happening.

@FrostyFruit It's the Kodi debug log with you reproducing the issue.

@burekas All the versions including the latest are Kodi 15+. You just won't have "Purchases" as they require Kodi 18
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Thanks anxdpanic

By the way, is there any progress regarding the 4K support?
(2018-04-19, 02:58)jdf76 Wrote: You need to put those in there, otherwise it wont know what key you have. 

Jeff 
Thank you for the info.   I did see in a few other places with people claiming ... if you have that info "linked" to your Youtube account,  then when you login via the addon, it would "automatically" get that info if you "personal API" checked.   now i know .. and if i find any of those posts again, I can correct them.
(2018-04-19, 17:48)burekas Wrote: Thanks anxdpanic

By the way, is there any progress regarding the 4K support?
 I think that depends on inputstream.

Jeff
Hi,

I'm using the newest Beta of Kodi and YouTube-Plugin.
Sicne today I can not play youtube-Videos anymore.

Debug-Logs

I see a lot of "was not found" errors in the logs:
  • (kodion.access_token) was not found.
  • (videoscreen.limitedrange) was not found.
  • failed to find definition for setting kodion.access_token.expires
Is this because of the Beta or did YouTube changed something?

Best Regards,
Datafreak

Edit: My issue was solved with the installation of the new Nightlie from today. So it was a issue in Kodi.
(2018-04-19, 17:22)anxdpanic Wrote: @rrrevin 
InputStream Adaptive >= 2.0.12 and Use MPEG-DASH is required for live streams.
- Enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH
- To use dash for vods as well, enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Enable mpeg-dash proxy
- Configure InputStream Adaptive
Live streams should work after that.

That's the magic sauce right there! Works great now. Thanks!
Is this in some sort of FAQ that I may have missed?
I have noticed something odd... when trying to play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uNsYbs3t3E from my subscriptions, the video seems to stall after anywhere between 1 and 3 minutes of playing or the video freezes and the audio does continue in a slightly distorted way.

With debug logging enabled, I didn't catch it stalling completely, but I did catch if freezing video but not audio. Here's the debug log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/VfHVRHPkNB/

[edit]
I now also have a debug log that contains an instance of stalling video: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/7v3kQTXwGq/

In this log, I noticed there is a "timeout" message... which is strange. The pi is connected using ethernet cable, I have 1Gbit internet and any other system plays the youtube video just fine.
Using Kodi/LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi4 with a Sony KDL-42W706B and an external audio receiver
Latest version doesn't work, even when the API is correct.
(2018-04-23, 01:49)rocker1920 Wrote: Latest version doesn't work, even when the API is correct.
 Whitout addictional info..........

I can say........the last beta it's works whitout any problems and it's your problems.......
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2018-04-23, 01:49)rocker1920 Wrote: Latest version doesn't work, even when the API is correct.
 debug log (wiki) is needed otherwise....
Using the latest Kodi nightly & Youtube beta videos & everything plays perfectly.

Only problem seems to be that the watched marker is no longer displaying for Youtube. Stuff watched before I upgraded to kodi test versions a week or so ago have the watched markers displayed but all stuff watched since I opted to give the test builds a go do not display any watched status (Partial or fully watched tick).

I also notice today that videos do not auto start in 1080p anymore, I can only get 720. To get 1080 I have to set the inputstream adaptive stream selection settings to manual & then when I start a video (Which auto starts at lowest resolution, 144 or something) go into video settings menu & select 1080 at which point 1080 will play perfectly.

Little hassles but it is to be expected when using beta versions of things, They are after-all meant for testing purposes & hence not stable.
Guys, as of the latest app update I'm not able to open it anymore.
I get a dependency error.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
I have 2 unhappy children right now :-)
(2018-04-24, 12:44)Punished Wrote: Guys, as of the latest app update I'm not able to open it anymore.
I get a dependency error.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
I have 2 unhappy children right now :-)
You need to report addictional info about your setup man..............
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18