• 54(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
Hi, i'm new here guys, having the same problem for Youtube stuck at 720p with DASH enabled.

I'm running Kodi 18 Alpha 3 on Windows 10 x64, and even installing new beta 2 for 6.1.0 version didn't solved my problem Sad

With beta now i can choose 1080p... BUT...!

When is playing shows 720p bitrate Sad Sad Sad !!!

Please HELP!! Thank you!
did a search and didn't see anything - 

tried to log in on xbox this morning and it just wouldn't take - I logged in twice and still no go.

Not sure I understood the message about "two applications".
@mv-- Not currently, what would be the use case?

@cjdexter It looks like something went wrong with a couple add-ons, I would try reinstalling these from zip;
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/s...3-1.22.zip
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/s...2.18.4.zip
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...-6.0.2.zip

@TarPaulin Browse Channels returns empty unless signed in, so it's been hidden unless signed in.

@spyder007 The beta shows the max supported stream for dash, so 1080p is definitely supported on that video so it's a matter of InputStream Adaptive settings. What settings have you tried for that?

@jcwillia1 'two applications' is just the double login, when you go to the youtube.com/activate each time it shows a different application that you are allowing. Will need a debug_log (wiki) to know what's happening though.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
To use YT with 1080p i have to enable Dash-proxy.
Without its only 720p.
Only issue with proxy is a frameswitch after 3sec (blackscreen, sound stutter).
Odroid-N2 CoreElec Kodi 19 with Aeon MQ 8 Mod
Synology DS 218+ (nfs) with Syno-MariaDB 10
@anxdpanic I think that the bug is on the Inputstream adaptive addon, because Amazon VOD add-on uses Inputstream too and have the same 720p max bitrate problem:

I'm using Kodi 18 Alpha 3, Inputstream was preinstalled on that kodi distribution.

This is my settings for Inputstream Adaptive

I'm running Kodi on a second screen at 1920x1080 but somehow Inputstream keeps streaming at 720p. The first screen runs at 1366x768. 

My theory is that Inputstream is forcing to 720p because the main screen runs at a lower resolution, but that's not the screen where is running Kodi (1920x1080) so that would be a bug.

Thank you for your help! I hope that this get solved in next releases.
@Gothico Not sure what would cause that, maybe refresh rate adjustment settings?, a debug_log (wiki) might show what's happening.

@spyder007 I tried those settings and got max 720p as well, changing Max Resolution general decoder to Max fixed that. It may be because the height of the content is actually 1088 > 1080.
(2018-08-15, 13:05)anxdpanic Wrote: @mv-- Not currently, what would be the use case?

It will allow to play youtube videos in external player (MPC-BE) with 4K and HDR!
Now external player gets youtube links but with 720/1080p streams only.
(2018-08-15, 19:45)anxdpanic Wrote: @Gothico Not sure what would cause that, maybe refresh rate adjustment settings?, a debug_log (wiki) might show what's happening.

@spyder007 I tried those settings and got max 720p as well, changing Max Resolution general decoder to Max fixed that. It may be because the height of the content is actually 1088 > 1080.
@anxdpanic Yeah, that worked!!! That's the bug on Inputstream, and this answers why some people can play at 1080p and some don't. 1088>1080 and won't play 1080p when that setting (1080 MAX) is on. Setting video to MAX solved the problem. Thank you!!!
@mv-- I've added an issue to take a look at that. https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...issues/407

@spyder007 Thanks for confirming. Is it the same issue with Amazon (likely uses Max. Resolution secure decoder)? If so what resolution are the Amazon 1080 videos?
(2018-08-16, 14:15)anxdpanic Wrote: @mv-- I've added an issue to take a look at that. https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...issues/407

Thanks! It would be great if you could add such feature as lot of videos have 4K and HDR versions in youtube.
@anxdpanic 
Possibly feature for future..... you know i preferr to not use dash but we know this is needed for live stream. At today i need to enable dash manually when i want to watch a live stream.......it's conceivable to add something that activates the dash automatically when a live stream it's detected ?
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
@DjDiabolik With 6.1.0 if you look in Settings - MPEG-DASH you'll see 'Use for videos' and 'Use for live streams', so you can enable 'Use MPEG-DASH' and 'Use for live streams' and leave 'Use of videos' disabled. Also in Kodi 18 nightlies, live streams work again.
@anxdpanic mmmmmmmmm......  I had already seen this possibility to make this config but I thought it was referring to a different use..... I'll try it.
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
Hi,  I'm using Kodi 18 Alpha 3 on Windows 7, with Youtube 6.1.0beta2 installed. I queue videos into a playlist from my phone using Yatse, but when I try to skip two videos in the currently playing list, Kodi exits with a runtime error (like this). The log suggests it has something to do with the Youtube plugin (it also doesn't happen when I queue and play movies from my NAS). It  doesn't seem to matter if I have mpeg-dash enabled or not; I also deleted all the stuff through 'maintenance options'. I can reproduce the issue without fail.

Debug log here. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
1. I deleted 6.1.0 and installed 6.0.2 from repository, but it acts the same.
2. when skipping videos from OSD, the problem doesn't occur, as the GUI waits to load the next video before allowing me to skip again: issue can only be replicated from skipping twice in a row from my remote (command 'next_track').
[quote="anxdpanic" pid='2759410' dateline='1534421737']
@mv-- I've added an issue to take a look at that. https://github.com/jdf76/....

@anxdpanic

Re: @mv-- original question about passing YouTube URLs to another player (eg, IPTV Simple Player, or iVue2 TV Guide), my use case is to stream such YouTube channels in a nice Channel Guide with channel logos (no strict need for EPG) and be able to edit add/delete/reorder the channels list along side other IPTV streams.

Of course TV channel live streaming on YouTube is *legal* so no getting banned issues.

1. I am ok with 720p live TV channels streams.

Is DASH necessary with such live streams? I too have problems like 2sec play/then freeze with very slowly loading, with AdaptiveStream v2.019 and YouTube plugin v 6.0.2 (as a result of updating from v6.1.0 alpha !) Keep getting YouTube errors now which doesn't play after the update...

2. Can we pass direct YouTube URLs (e.g., by copying to Favorites folder from YouTube channel listing and then copying same from Favorites) instead of some HLS best format streams?

3. If not what is an easy way to extract the right stream URL (again max 720p, hopefully self adjusted given network conditions)? Can this be done in some kind of batch mode?

There is some online discussion of HLS persistence with a "best" parameter or bitrate specific (95 for 720p, 94 for 480p h264) vs URL 1 hour disappearance; and youtube-dl /livestreamer hacks...

4. Will Dailymotion and Vimeo have same issues as YouTube?
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18