• 109(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
I can confirm that installing the 6.5.1 alpha 1, the live streams works like a charm again, thanks for the hard work!
(2019-07-13, 14:52)blueribb Wrote: I almost never see buffering when playing a YouTube video with the plugin. In the last 2 days, there is buffering on most every video I play. The video will freeze and then restart a number of times. I also noticed when selecting a YouTube video on my Windows 10 Desktop, that it sometimes just shows a blank, black screen and refreshing the browser will start the video. It's pretty apparent that YouTube is making some changes that affects watching their videos.

I just installed 6.5.1 alpha 1, so I'll see if there's any improvement with buffering later today.

Are you use Dash or not ? Also i preferr to not use dash because and apparently kodi can fill cache better.......
if I can give an example i know the twitch addons (also released by @anxdpanic on github) it's necessary to use dash to watch livestream and watch the "passed broadcast" and this is where I also obtain some "buffering" issue.....
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
Respects to All,
         I am using Raspberry Pi 2 Model B,  Recalbox 6.0 Dragon Blaze with Kodi 17.6,  I upgraded to this version from Kodi 16 yesterday and ever since I am not able to run YouTube bromix addon at all, I have entered all my api ID and secret .  I keep getting this error below:-

Addon playing 1080p60 video only in 30 fps, but 720p60 video properly playing in 60 fps.
It has been like that since the option to select video quality was introduced. Changing it to 1440p or higher and video will play with 60fps. Doing that will also prevent a lot of video from playing, they buffer indefinitely or might play without issue after the second, third or fourth try.

Leaving the option at 1080p all videos will play, but with 30fps.
(2019-07-21, 11:45)techerer Wrote: Changing it to 1440p or higher and video will play with 60fps.
No. With any resolution higher than 1080p it playing video with 30fps.
@TantricKundalini
Need the complete debug log (wiki) to see what's happening

I've updated post #2 and the repositories with 6.5.1~alpha2
Code:
~alpha2
[add] Adaptive (MP4) and Adaptive (WEBM) to MPEG-DASH - Video quality
[fix] sqlite requests breaking when another add-on/module uses sqlite3.register_converter(..)

@Lirk and @techerer 
See the above ~alpha2 release. For the old behavior, choose 'Adaptive (MP4)' for <= 1080p or 'Adaptive (WEBM)' for > 1080p/HDR from the MPEG-DASH quality setting.
The issue with specific quality selections is next to be fixed.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2019-07-21, 07:42)TantricKundalini Wrote:          I am using Raspberry Pi 2 Model B,  Recalbox 6.0 Dragon Blaze with Kodi 17.6,  I upgraded to this version from Kodi 16 yesterday and ever since I am not able to run YouTube bromix addon at all, I have entered all my api ID and secret .
Sadly anything past Youtube addon 6.4.1 doesn't run without this error on Kodi 17.6 in my experiences.  I too get the same 'No JSON object could be decoded'.  I'd appreciate a fix for this since I have issues running any more recent versions of Kodi on my hardware.
@cage
Provide a complete debug log (wiki) if possible, otherwise I have no way of knowing what's causing the issue for you. I just double checked and my v17 environment works just fine here.
(2019-07-21, 16:39)anxdpanic Wrote: @Lirk and @techerer 
See the above ~alpha2 release. For the old behavior, choose 'Adaptive (MP4)' for <= 1080p or 'Adaptive (WEBM)' for > 1080p/HDR from the MPEG-DASH quality setting.
The issue with specific quality selections is next to be fixed.
Ok. Now it playing 1080p60 videos properly.
Some features needed:
1. Sorting videos from the oldest to the newest on the YouTube channels.
2. Uploading date and time info for all view modes.
3. Autoplaying all videos sequentially in playlist.
@Lirk 
#1 is on the list of future improvements
#2 is skin related, but if you want additional views then you can use the unofficial version.
    - The unofficial version is only available from zip or the unofficial repo, both can be found https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...stallation
    - After installing the unofficial version, 'Override view' can be configured from 'Settings - Advanced- Override view', or by enabling 'Settings - Advanced - Enable setup-wizard'
#3 instead of opening the playlist, open the context menu on the playlist item and choose 'Play all'
Alpha2 fixes video playback in most situations. 👍

However after once opening the history all subsequent attempts to play videos will fail, along with trying to open the history or any other listing like subscriptions. Clearing the playback history temporarily resolves this.

If needed I can provide logs.
Hi @anxdpanic,

First, I can't thank you enough for all the time and effort you put in to this great  add-on. I'm sure it's one of the most used, and relied on, add-ons available for Kodi. And your ability to maintain backward compatibility with previous versions of Kodi (I'm stuck with 17.3 for now) is just awesome! A lot of add-ons have abandoned older Kodi versions, from my understanding, due to Python issues and possible skin issues (see below.) Your willingness to work around these perceived limitations shows your deep understanding of the needs of the Kodi community. Thanks so much!

The question I have is more of a process one than any specific problem. I understand you're maintaining two slightly different versions (official and unofficial) to deal with "views" differences in older versions of Kodi and how skins display them. I'm curious as to why. I recently looked at your code for how different these two versions are. After seeing that the differences are minimal (probably less the 1%) I wonder why they can't be merged into one codebase (add-on) and then add a configuration switch in the settings dialog that would change the code execution path? Would that be more difficult than maintaining two separate builds? If so, would you explain why? Aside from the stigma of running an "unofficial" add-on, the reason I ask is that users of older Kodi versions need to pay attention and make sure to retrieve and install the "unofficial" add-on if they want their views to operator as expected. Personally, I know I've mistakenly installed the wrong add-on version more then once, which takes time to undue. I realize it's only a minor bump in the road but it would be great if I were prevented from making that mistake. A single version would accomplish that.

Thanks again for your extraordinary efforts. Take care.
Please see the FAQ in Post #4 on Page #1 here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2681561

* WHY CAN'T I CHOOSE THE VIEW IN THE ADDON SETTINGS ANYMORE?

"Team Kodi is now enforcing a previously existing policy that Views should be set by Skins, not by Addons. YouTube v5.3.6 onwards was updated to comply with this policy."

So the simple answer is that the Official version cannot set Views AND still be eligible to be in the Kodi repo.

However @anxdpanic kindly offers the UnOfficial version separately for those users who need or want to be able to set Views from within the addon.

In general this has come about because not all Skins have been updated to be properly compliant with Kodi policy.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18