• 159(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
Hello and thanks to the developers of the YouTube addon.
I have a specific problem:
I have written a nodejs script which detects the new YouTube livestream video-id via the YouTube channel id.
I wanted to redirect to the new channel like it is possible in http.
A http redirection to a youtube url like "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=xxxx" doesnt work
and a m3u8 file doesnt work too.
How can i solve that problem ?

Thanks in advance
@cjbjunior 
The website and the API are not 1:1, so there will likely always be differences.

@MaxieWagner 
Sorry. Sadly, that key would likely have stopped working either way.

@copterdr 
Please include a complete debug log (wiki). If you haven't already, install the latest beta posted in #2

@Doom Mortal 
See post #2 for the latest beta, plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=xxxx links etc, should work again. Otherwise please include a complete debug log (wiki)

If I missed anyone, please let me know with a complete debug log (wiki) and if you haven't already, try the latest beta posted in #2
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
@anxdpanic

Thanks for your reply. But you didnt understand my question.
I watch regularly live Streams via YouTube but the video-id of those Live Streams change every 24h so I have to manually change this id in my Channel list.
So I have written a nodejs script which returns the new video-id to the user.

In comparison to the http protocoll you can simply redirect to the new url. But with the new declaration "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=xxxx" you cant redirect not even change to the new video-id.
Is there possability to make that happen ?
@Doom Mortal
Sorry, I think I understand now.

As long as API keys are configured, the closest you'll be able to get is,
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?channel_id=<channel id>&live=<index>
index is the index of the live stream on the channel, use 1 for channels with only one live stream.

This isn't 100% accurate since in some cases the index does change when there are multiple live streams on the channel
(2020-03-11, 21:49)anxdpanic Wrote: @cjbjunior 
The website and the API are not 1:1, so there will likely always be differences.

@MaxieWagner 
Sorry. Sadly, that key would likely have stopped working either way.

@copterdr 
Please include a complete debug log (wiki). If you haven't already, install the latest beta posted in #2

@Doom Mortal 
See post #2 for the latest beta, plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=xxxx links etc, should work again. Otherwise please include a complete debug log (wiki)

If I missed anyone, please let me know with a complete debug log (wiki) and if you haven't already, try the latest beta posted in #2

Anxdpanic,

Thank you!
Seems to be working so far with 6.7a2
Update, no muss no fuss, no re-login all settings / keys remained with update.
Test drive in progress.

Patience has its virtue!

Copterdr
Over n out
I have been using the YouTube plugin on both Windows 7 and Android 9.0 (Samsung Tab S4) for quite some time but recently the Youtube plug in on the Android device has stopped working and I no matter want I do, I can't reactivate the plugin. I am using API keys.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi and set Kodi up from scratch with Youtube plugin V6.6 and Kodi 18.6. Still not working.

When I select "Sign In" I receive a dialog appears stating "You must enable two applications etc......". When you click OK, nothing seems to happen and them at random you may receive the dialog box with the code to enter into the Google site. You enter the keys in Google and proceed to allow Kodi access to your account. After the keys are entered, there is no change in Kodi, the dialog box with the same keys remains open and may disappear at some stage. Sometimes the send dialog box appears with a different set of keys and these are entered into the Google but as previous, the keys diaog box doesn't close. A few minutes later the dialog box disappears but the plugin is still not signed in.

I am at the limit of my knowledge and looking for guidance on whether this is a plugin or an underlying Kodi on Android issue or anything else I can try.

Can anyone assist?
@pellajl I'm not sure what you're doing when you say you 'enter keys into google', you should be getting the keys from google. Did you follow the instructions in the first post of this thread?
I think they mean the device authentication codes when you have to authorise the add-on to access your account. The add-on comes up with a code that you have to enter at google.com/device
@anxdpanic

Sry for that delay. It was exactly what i needed.
I was trugling with the api keys on my local machine.

One more question: When will the next build 6.7.0 beta reach its final release (Kodi Krypton) ?
I tried installing 6.7 dev build on Kodi Krypton and failed miserably to sideload it. ^^

Thank you very much for your support and development.
@pellajl
Would need a complete debug log (wiki) showing the sign in process to know where to start

@Doom Mortal
I'm hoping to have it up for the repository review this weekend *fingers crossed*
Do I see it correctly that previous just plain installation of the addon and using it is not possible any more?
After loosing my way several times during the configuration marathon trial I decided to use Youtube through the Raspbian browser interface.
seems like all api keys have been made invalid installing latest beta and getting the key from backup folders all error
Like a lot of others here in forum I have problems starting the YouTube Plug-in. After starting it I receive the error message: "YouTube error. Check the log for more information."

I am running KODI on Linux Mint. I generated the API credentials and configured the YouTube Plug-in with them. I logged in twice, typed in the keys and gave the YouTube Plug-in access.

Here you can find the interesting part of the KODI log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/fucisavuxa.kodi

Please can anyone point me in the right direction? I am trying to get the plug-in running for more than a week and I am way too stupid to manage it. Sad
(2020-03-15, 13:53)Deezle Wrote: Here you can find the interesting part of the KODI log:
Try the 6.7.0 beta1. and provide the full debug log.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
(2020-03-15, 14:02)jonib Wrote:
(2020-03-15, 13:53)Deezle Wrote: Here you can find the interesting part of the KODI log:
Try the 6.7.0 beta1. and provide the full debug log.

jonib    
Thank you very much for the hint to try the beta. Now the plug-in works as intended as far as I can see. Although it's shame that I have wasted several hours getting that plug-in to work. Wink But now I'm pretty happy that everythings works and that I am not too stupid. Smile
Thanks again!
  • 159(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18