• 179(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2020-06-18, 17:08)DarrenHill Wrote: It will need to be looked into by the devs.

My point was that going and complaining to Google could make the situation even worse.

I wasnt suggesting complaining to Google, I thinking more along the lines of Kodi talking to Google and seeing if they would be interested in bringing Youtube to Kodi. The same ad supported version thats on every other platform. I pay for Youtube Premium myself.
Will look into what is causing the issue with new keys.

@jdig4240
It's still usable for trailers, strm, playlists, and sharing from remotes. Essentially anything that uses plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=<video id> will work without api keys.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2020-06-20, 02:09)anxdpanic Wrote: Will look into what is causing the issue with new keys.

@jdig4240
It's still usable for trailers, strm, playlists, and sharing from remotes. Essentially anything that uses plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=<video id> will work without api keys.

So i guess that makes me wonder why the Youtube addon isnt coded to use plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=<video id> for the videos? Then everything would work without keys correct? I mean obviously there must be a reason, probably an api restriction or something.
The add-on does use those urls. You can't get a list of videos-<video ids> without the api keys though.
(2020-06-20, 17:13)anxdpanic Wrote: The add-on does use those urls. You can't get a list of videos-<video ids> without the api keys though.

Ahh, ok. I get it.
(2020-06-20, 22:09)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-06-20, 17:13)anxdpanic Wrote: The add-on does use those urls. You can't get a list of videos-<video ids> without the api keys though.

Ahh, ok. I get it.
You can generate strm files using thing python script. And they work fine without an api key

https://github.com/simonrauch/youtube-ex...r-for-kodi

It only does it for 1 url at a time though I personally would like something that can generate strm files from a youtube playlist.
(2020-06-20, 23:21)DNKK Wrote: You can generate strm files using thing python script. And they work fine without an api key

It only does it for 1 url at a time though I personally would like something that can generate strm files from a youtube playlist.

evantaur is working on that https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=354748
I am currently using version 6.8.2 on LE. I noticed today that I cannot play any videos on my channel. However, I can play videos on any other YouTube channel. I've attached my log file hoping someone can tell me what's going on with the addon.

Log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/oyajacogiw.kodi

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-06-21, 01:46)Albinator Wrote:
(2020-06-20, 23:21)DNKK Wrote: You can generate strm files using thing python script. And they work fine without an api key

evantaur is working on that https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=354748
I was looking more for desktop option rather than a kodi plugin
After playing around with linux cmd line I was at last able to achieve what I wanted

Code:
youtube-dl -i --playlist-reverse -j --flat-playlist 'https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCosWOTQyKE0tN1qE4Ah80Og' | jq -r --tab '.title + "\t" + "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=" + .id' | awk '{f=$1".strm"; print $2 >f}' FS='\t'

This command line creates video name.strm files from a youtube playlist
Got youtube back to work by creating a new api key for TVs and limited input appliances, maybe google changed the way older api keys function for some reason.........btw i'm not a dev just my opinion.
(2020-06-16, 01:18)AndrewJC Wrote: I don't really know how to bring this up, because unless I run a debug log at all times, I won't be able to provide any proof that this is happening—I can't reproduce the problem on demand. Sad

But the basic of the issue is this: At seemingly random times, a Youtube video will finish playing and go back to the subscribed videos page and Kodi will immediately crash. No error message, no crash notification (though there IS a Windows error report in the event logs). I also have a crashlog/dmp file, but because it's not an ASCII file I can't paste it into paste.kodi.tv, so I'm not sure what to do with it.

This happens on multiple versions of the Youtube add-on, as well as multiple versions of Kodi (specifically I can say for sure that's been happening on both 18.6 and 18.7). I'm using the default Estuary skin. Included add-ons include: Netflix, Twitch, Disney+, Youtube, Amazon Prime, Up Next

I've looked at the Issues page on the git for the add-on but haven't seen anything and I've done numerous searches for the problem but nothing seems to match.

I wish I could provide more information, but while it happens regularly in the sense that it's at least once every day or two, I could watch dozens and dozens of Youtube videos in Kodi with no problem in a row and then suddenly it'll crash.

If you have any questions at all regarding this, I'll answer to the best of my ability. Likewise, if you have any ideas as to how I can force the problem to happen with a debug log running, I'm open to anything.

Thanks!

I was finally able to get this thing to crash out while a debug was running. I'm honestly not sure what the hell is happening here, but the last few lines in the log were this:

python:
2020-06-22 12:24:53.817 T:20644 INFO: CPythonInvoker(18, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\default.py): script successfully run
2020-06-22 12:24:53.817 T:20644 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker::onExecutionDone(18, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\default.py)
2020-06-22 12:24:53.821 T:17244 DEBUG: Thread waiting 17244 terminating
2020-06-22 12:24:53.892 T:20644 INFO: Python interpreter stopped
2020-06-22 12:24:53.892 T:20644 INFO: Previous line repeats 2 times.
2020-06-22 12:24:53.892 T:20644 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 20644 terminating

If anybody can find anything, I would be forever in your debt.

Full log here.
(2020-06-17, 23:54)fr1day Wrote:
(2020-06-16, 01:19)AndrewJC Wrote: Ugh, it literally did it again AS I was writing this post. Just *poof* Kodi disappears.
I probably won't be able to help with your specific problem, but to aid others that might, kodi should create a crash log file when it crashes.

On Linux it's usually in the home directory of the user that runs kodi, and the filename looks something like "kodi_crashlog-20200307_214646.log".

I'm not sure about any other platform, and I don't know how useful the information in the file is, but it might be something if you're struggling to capture the logs for the problem.

I don't know about in Linux, but in Windows they're .dmp files and they're not text documents. So yeah, it's a crashlog, but it appears to be a binary memory dump and not a log in and of itself. I uploaded the latest crashdump to my own website since I don't have a cloud location for binary files, but I dunno if it'll be any help to anyone.
(2020-06-22, 18:00)xfury94 Wrote: Got youtube back to work by creating a new api key for TVs and limited input appliances, maybe google changed the way older api keys function for some reason.........btw i'm not a dev just my opinion.

Helpful info maybe, thanks Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I can confirm that creating new keys still works, I will have to make some minor adjustments to the walk-through.

@AndrewJC 
It appears to be caused by 2 busy dialogs occurring (known issue in Kodi 18-19), disable Settings - General - Refresh after watching if it's enabled.
Not much else I can do to resolve it currently, sorry.

@shedrock 
They appear to be working here, might be a temporary issue on their end atm? If you have multiple accounts at activation, might be worth checking pid2955583 and the post following it.
(2020-06-22, 21:28)anxdpanic Wrote: I can confirm that creating new keys still works, I will have to make some minor adjustments to the walk-through.

@AndrewJC 
It appears to be caused by 2 busy dialogs occurring (known issue in Kodi 18-19), disable Settings - General - Refresh after watching if it's enabled.
Not much else I can do to resolve it currently, sorry.

@shedrock 
They appear to be working here, might be a temporary issue on their end atm? If you have multiple accounts at activation, might be worth checking pid2955583 and the post following it.
I had to turn off SSL authentication. I just tested it and it works. I don't ever remember having to do that before. Anyway, thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

Shedrock
  • 179(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18