Solved Kodi started creating nfo-files for episodes after watching
Hello there. Today I noticed that Kodi has started creating nfo-files for episodes I watched and saving them in the episodes folder. This is someting I've never experienced before. Anyway I want a clean library only using parsing nfos where needed so I hope someone can help me figuring out why these start appearing one by one.

I have checked the debug log, but it didn't really make me any wiser. Available here: https://hastebin.com/edohakuxov.sql
The nfo in question (in this debug example) is "Rick.and.Morty.S02E09.nfo"

And as always I'm thankful for any help.
You are not the first to be caught out by this.

It is this... NOTICE: ADDON: script.metadata.editor v2.0.7 installed

Check the settings and disable the first option...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-08, 21:52)Tobby Wrote: Today I noticed that Kodi has started creating nfo-files for episodes I watched and saving them in the episodes folder.

Kodi does no such thing unless you installed some add-on that does this for you.
Normally, only the Video Library Export function writes nfo files. Nothing else.
(2020-04-08, 22:08)Karellen Wrote: You are not the first to be caught out by this.

It is this... NOTICE: ADDON: script.metadata.editor v2.0.7 installed

Check the settings and disable the first option...

Oh. Should've thought of that. Thanks a lot, Karellen
(2020-04-08, 22:20)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-04-08, 21:52)Tobby Wrote: Today I noticed that Kodi has started creating nfo-files for episodes I watched and saving them in the episodes folder.

Kodi does no such thing unless you installed some add-on that does this for you.
Normally, only the Video Library Export function writes nfo files. Nothing else.

Didn't mean to say it wasn't an add-on, just that it happened in Kodi.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi started creating nfo-files for episodes after watching0