• 55(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
(2016-06-20, 17:32)CaptainT Wrote:
(2016-06-20, 07:52)primaeval Wrote: I don't think you quite get me. The user could set the HD to Highest or even lower and the SD to 1.8Mbps or whatever works at peak times.

Sorry, I really didn't get that.

Yes, that is an option, but it adds more clutter to the main menu. From my point of view, this just leads to more confusion. Users with marginal connections should disable autoplay.

What I would do is just disable autoplay, add the streams that work well on peak hours to Favourites and rename them to "<Channel> SD" for emergencies. If they stop working just do the same thing again. They are pretty stable for several months at least.

Internally we could add an optional "max bitrate" parameter to the url so you could make Favourite shortcuts for different maximum quality bitrates.
(2016-06-20, 18:13)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-06-20, 17:32)CaptainT Wrote:
(2016-06-20, 07:52)primaeval Wrote: I don't think you quite get me. The user could set the HD to Highest or even lower and the SD to 1.8Mbps or whatever works at peak times.
Sorry, I really didn't get that.

Yes, that is an option, but it adds more clutter to the main menu. From my point of view, this just leads to more confusion. Users with marginal connections should disable autoplay.

What I would do is just disable autoplay, add the streams that work well on peak hours to Favourites and rename them to "<Channel> SD" for emergencies. If they stop working just do the same thing again. They are pretty stable for several months at least.

Internally we could add an optional "max bitrate" parameter to the url so you could make Favourite shortcuts for different maximum quality bitrates.
primaeval, Tend to agree with CaptainT, I already just set to manual and then get provided with full HD/SD list and select highest live stream level that I believe will work at any given time of day, if it starts to play up I stop stream and quickly select a Lower Bitrate. If really terrible regardless of streaming level (not often at all) I switch to "of all things" Filmon as a temporary alternative Blush

Regarding even more clutter on main menu, please consider that its already cluttered enough with watch live streams towards bottom of long list of increasing catch-up options already. Wink
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-06-20, 18:34)MikeKL Wrote: Regarding even more clutter on main menu, please consider that its already cluttered enough with watch live streams towards bottom of long list of increasing catch-up options already. Wink

After just watching the latest Silicon Valley episode I agree that we might need a bit of work on the UI. Perhaps we need a new Pipey helper. Smile Remember you are only 6 clicks away from watching your favourite show. Wink

Perhaps now is a good time to ask for suggestions on what would be the best menu organisation for user friendliness.
(2016-06-20, 18:44)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-06-20, 18:34)MikeKL Wrote: Regarding even more clutter on main menu, please consider that its already cluttered enough with watch live streams towards bottom of long list of increasing catch-up options already. Wink

After just watching the latest Silicon Valley episode I agree that we might need a bit of work on the UI. Perhaps we need a new Pipey helper. Smile Remember you are only 6 clicks away from watching your favourite show. Wink

Perhaps now is a good time to ask for suggestions on what would be the best menu organisation for user friendliness.

Would it be possible to add settings/options to enable/disable categories in the main menu?
Rather than adding more hierarchy.
In my case I would remove everything apart from 'Watch Live', 'Search' , 'Most Popular' and 'Red Button'.

m
(2016-06-21, 00:05)bluezone Wrote: Would it be possible to add settings/options to enable/disable categories in the main menu?
Rather than adding more hierarchy.
In my case I would remove everything apart from 'Watch Live', 'Search' , 'Most Popular' and 'Red Button'.

m

I recommend you look into Super Favourites for that level of customisation. Here is an example SuperFavourite.zip that you can import (last tab in Settings). It has the main channels on autoplay, BBC One/Two as 1.8Mbps direct links, Search, Highlights and Documentaries. The 1.8Mbps links will need to be changed if the raw streams change url in the future.
https://github.com/primaeval/iplayer-sup...urites.zip
I didn't make your exact case, so you have to experiment yourself. Wink
If you make the perfect setup maybe you could share it with everyone.

We really could do with some icons and fanart to make the interface easier if anyone is good at that sort of thing.
@bluezone Super Favourites can be a bit tricky at first, so I made you a custom version with your 4 menus that you can import into Super Favourites.
https://github.com/primaeval/iplayer-sup...uezone.zip
You might have to add the folder with the zip file with the Kodi File Manager under System.
(2016-06-21, 12:51)primaeval Wrote: @bluezone Super Favourites can be a bit tricky at first, so I made you a custom version with your 4 menus that you can import into Super Favourites.
https://github.com/primaeval/iplayer-sup...uezone.zip
You might have to add the folder with the zip file with the Kodi File Manager under System.
Thanks primaeval, I will try to give it a go.
Anyone know if it's possible to get the Glastonbury live feeds working?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p03z0qzk
(2016-06-24, 20:14)Saner Wrote: Anyone know if it's possible to get the Glastonbury live feeds working?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p03z0qzk

Have you checked the Red Button streams? I would assume that you can find Glastonbury there.
(2016-06-24, 20:14)Saner Wrote: Anyone know if it's possible to get the Glastonbury live feeds working? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p03z0qzk
Just had a quick look under the red button channels option and via red button 8 onwards I believe you will find Glastonbury feeds.

I tried Red button 9 for a live feed working right now at 20:00 (Jack Garratt Cool )
Note: I have add-on set for manual selection of streams within its settings option, and then Manually selected a mid quality Akamai stream from the available streams for red button 9
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-06-24, 21:04)MikeKL Wrote:
(2016-06-24, 20:14)Saner Wrote: Anyone know if it's possible to get the Glastonbury live feeds working? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p03z0qzk
Just had a quick look under the red button channels option and via red button 8 onwards I believe you will find Glastonbury feeds.

I tried Red button 9 for a live feed working right now at 20:00 (Jack Garratt Cool )
Note: I have add-on set for manual selection of streams within its settings option, and then Manually selected a mid quality Akamai stream from the available streams for red button 9

I needed to drop the bitrate too but they are definitely in the mid numbered streams somewhere. I think we need a separate bitrate setting for the red button streams.
Cheers Smile I didn't think about the red button

Thanks again
(2016-06-25, 09:09)Saner Wrote: Cheers Smile I didn't think about the red button

Thanks again

Here is an experimental build with a seperate Red Button bitrate setting and option to turn the warning off.
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...2.3.2p.zip

I added it to my beta repo to make it easier to install.
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.1.zip

[EDIT] If you use the first zip file you need to remove the extension -2.3.2.p from the addon folder.
Talking of the red button streams, I have no idea how hard this would be or if its even feasible but would it be possible to incorporate the BBC Sport live streams within this addon?
I know Auntie Beeb doesn't have to much sport content these days but this summer there's an awful lot of high quality streams available on BBC Sport, the current Euro championships, next week and the week after Wimbledon followed by The Olympics.
(2016-06-25, 17:49)stammie Wrote: Talking of the red button streams, I have no idea how hard this would be or if its even feasible but would it be possible to incorporate the BBC Sport live streams within this addon?
I know Auntie Beeb doesn't have to much sport content these days but this summer there's an awful lot of high quality streams available on BBC Sport, the current Euro championships, next week and the week after Wimbledon followed by The Olympics.

I think the Red Button streams are the sports streams. They are named as sport_stream_01 to 24 in their urls.
[EDIT] There is football on 4-6 at the moment.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12