Release Tag Overview
Halo friends of Kodi Smile

Is this thread actual?

I would appreciate to add tags via the contex menue (as this seem the only way to add movies direct from the movie section into a smart playlist).

Favourites are not that good, because I don't see any plot, covers or other Infos...

Soooo... Adding tags and creating a smart playlist sounds great, but only if I can add the tags via the context menu.

I am on KODI 19 on an Android TV Box Sad
So I cannot (simply) modify any XML files.
Best would be to handle all of this via the normal GUI of KODI (Aeon Silver skin)

Thanks in advance
Smile
(2021-05-17, 19:29)Kamikaze01 Wrote: Halo friends of Kodi Smile

Is this thread actual?

I would appreciate to add tags via the contex menue (as this seem the only way to add movies direct from the movie section into a smart playlist).

Favourites are not that good, because I don't see any plot, covers or other Infos...

Soooo... Adding tags and creating a smart playlist sounds great, but only if I can add the tags via the context menu.

I am on KODI 19 on an Android TV Box Sad
So I cannot (simply) modify any XML files.
Best would be to handle all of this via the normal GUI of KODI (Aeon Silver skin)

Thanks in advance
Smile
Try the git actual git from earlier in this thread and see if it does what you want:
https://github.com/bacon-cheeseburger/sc...agoverview
It is in my humble opinion better than the context menu, as you can add a direct command via keymap or json.
good luck!
It can be called from the context menu too.  By default it will be under the Manage submenu, but instructions on the first page of this thread show how to move it to the main.  (But I agree with @houser , much more convenient to map it to a key.)
Maintaining a few add-ons for v18 including PseudoTV (Classic), Tag Overview, and Autosub: https://github.com/fnord12
(2021-05-17, 20:31)fnord12 Wrote: It can be called from the context menu too.  By default it will be under the Manage submenu, but instructions on the first page of this thread show how to move it to the main.  (But I agree with @houser , much more convenient to map it to a key.)
It doesn't appear in the context menu>Manage submenu for me.  I downloaded it from github, unzipped it, and put the whole "script.tagoverview-master" folder in the "addons" folder.  (I don't normally manually install addons, is that the right way to do it?).  I restarted Kodi. But no dice.
edit: I take it (from another source) that I may need to enable it in the addon settings after manually installing it that way.  
edit2: enabled and rebooted and still not in manage submenu.
Edit3: duh it’s at the end of the main context menu!
Hi,
the script/addon was working perfectly for me when having a local Kodi database. Since a couple of weeks, I switched to a SQL database running on my NAS. Kodi works well with it, everything's perfect except this script/addon. It doesn't work and in the Kodi log there is an error message related to the script/addon, see below. I get this error message although I did all the changes described in post #3.
Is there anyone who can help?

Error message in the Kodi log:

2022-09-06 20:00:03.201 T:17232   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\tomto\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tagoverview\CThreadTagMovies.py", line 12, in run
                                                wnd = CDialogTagMovies()
                                              File "C:\Users\tomto\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tagoverview\CDialogTagMovies.py", line 21, in __init__
                                                self.getFileInfos()
                                              File "C:\Users\tomto\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tagoverview\CDialogTagMovies.py", line 69, in getFileInfos
                                                self.vdb = CVideoDatabase()
                                              File "C:\Users\tomto\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tagoverview\CVideoDatabase.py", line 8, in __init__
                                                self.db = CDatabase()
                                              File "C:\Users\tomto\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tagoverview\CDatabase.py", line 51, in __init__
                                                self.init_mysql()
                                              File "C:\Users\tomto\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tagoverview\CDatabase.py", line 61, in init_mysql
                                                self.config['database'] = self.getMySQLDBName(db)
                                              File "C:\Users\tomto\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tagoverview\CDatabase.py", line 75, in getMySQLDBName
                                                con = mysql.connector.Connect(**self.config)
                                              File "C:\Users\tomto\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tagoverview\mysql\connector\__init__.py", line 173, in connect
                                                return MySQLConnection(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\tomto\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tagoverview\mysql\connector\connection.py", line 104, in __init__
                                                self.connect(**kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\tomto\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tagoverview\mysql\connector\abstracts.py", line 777, in connect
                                                self.config(**kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\tomto\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tagoverview\mysql\connector\abstracts.py", line 330, in config
                                                raise AttributeError("Unsupported argument '{0}'".format(key))
                                            AttributeError: Unsupported argument 'name'
Help is no longer needed. I found the solution for my problem posted above.
Hello all fans of this great little add-on,

(Edit)  It is working. Great!
So Kodi Nexus went to RC 2 recently, and this excellent add-on appears to migrate with us to Nexus as-is...

Just tested this with Nexus 20.0-RC2 with the Tag Overview version from this git on both standalone Mac and Libreelec. Fab!

Nexus has some fixes that I am interested in. 2160p HDR functionality for example that appears to work great!
Just wanted to add my 2-cents, I was recently "forced" to migrate from 18.6 (with Transparency skin and Tag Add-on) because of issues with AV1, embedded ASS Sub Fonts, and SDR/HDR video. I am happy to report that for Local DB that this "script.tagoverview-master.zip" and the "skin.transparency-11.1.2.zip" all found here in the forum, are working quite well for me 🤞 (I only use Kodi for Movies/TV Shows/Pictures in HTPC) as well  Rofl . So thank you for hardwork/time... It is much appreciated 👍
Just wanted to add my 2-cents, I was recently "forced" to migrate from 18.6 (with Transparency skin and Tag Add-on) to Nexus 20.1 because of issues with AV1, embedded ASS Sub Fonts, and SDR/HDR video. I am happy to report that for Local DB that this "script.tagoverview-master.zip" and the "skin.transparency-11.1.2.zip" all found here in the forum, are working quite well for me 🤞 (I only use Kodi for Movies/TV Shows/Pictures in HTPC) as well  Rofl . So thank you for hardwork/time... It is much appreciated 👍
Is there anything similar working with Python 3 and newer versions of Kodi?

Edit: nevermind, read the whole thread and found the updated version for Python 3. It seems to be working fine with Omega nightlies.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Thanks to everyone for keeping this addon alive. I last used it several years ago and had been missing it, since I disable the default plethora of useless automatic tags and use custom ones I've defined, and the process really benefits from the UI this addon provides.

I'm using MariaDB, and I had to diverge from the instructions a bit to get it working. I started on my Windows 11 system, and in CDatabase.py, I had to comment out 'name' under baseconfig. Without doing this, nothing would be displayed when I chose "Tags" from the context menu, and I got errors in the event log. That got it working on Windows, but it failed on Android with a different error. The solution to that was to substitute the mysql folder from the current mysql-connector-python-8.2.0.tar.gz for the one in mysql-connector-python-8.0.17.tar.gz specified in the instructions.

I have noticed a minor glitch in that "New Tag" doesn't work from the main dialog, but it does work in Tag Overview. Also, the Tag Overview button shows like a strikeout line through it instead of a selection rectangle. It would also be nice to be able to back out of Tag Overview to the main dialog instead of being dumped out of it altogether.

Going forward, it could be really cool to link tags to Trakt watchlists. That service seems interesting, but I don't see how to view watchlists and stuff in Kodi. Tags do what I want WRT this.
Hi there

I used Kodi since several years with an outdated version.
Last week I installed a new version (new database) on my Raspberry and wanted to use this Add-on for the very first time. But before messing up my system I wanted to ask you first.

My system: LibreELEC (Nexus) 11.0.6
My Kodi Version: Kodi 20.3

As far as I understand this thread, this version is the most recent one:
https://github.com/bacon-cheeseburger/sc...agoverview

But now my questions on this.
  1. Am I right that version of bacon-cheeseburger is compatible with my system and Kodi version?
  2. How would I get it to run in Kodi? I did not find a simple installation guide, and I'm a noob on Add-ons.
(2024-02-06, 17:16)Glizando Wrote: Am I right that version of bacon-cheeseburger is compatible with my system and Kodi version?
Yes, I use it and it works fine.

(2024-02-06, 17:16)Glizando Wrote: How would I get it to run in Kodi? I did not find a simple installation guide, and I'm a noob on Add-ons.
Download the zip file, and then install in Kodi via zip file...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Smile 
Thank you Karellen, your answer helped me a lot.
This Add-On is really a gem, first tests were successful.
Tomorrow I will start with tagging  Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tag Overview0