Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
Hi,
I love this plugin, which saved me a lot of trouble. However, I have one problem/feature request.
Thanks in advance.

My main audio device is the HDMI TV. I also have a stereo amplifier that I prefer to connect to via USB (since the analogue audio out on my Windows 10 NUC is not that great), as well as BT headphones. Now, the problem is this: when I turn off my amp or my headphones while they are selected, Audio Profiles will switch the output to another (present) device, but I see no logic behind it (the last device, probably). If I turn on that device before changing the profile, though, it will reconnect. Also, JFYI, I can switch to a profile of the device which is currently not present, and if I turn it on, the Audio Profiles will switch to it.

I would suggest the following options:
a) Default fallback option: a profile to switch to if the currently selected device disappears.
b) Ignore missing devices: if a digital audio device in the profile is not present, the request to switch to it should be ignored. It should also be greyed out in the selection menu and not included in the list when toggling through the devices.

There is also another issue that I've not researched thoroughly yet, but in case someone knows... Turning on/off the headphones or the USB connected amplifier will cause short audio stutter, despite the audio being streamed to a different output. The headphone stutter is longer and more noticeable, but in both cases the audio continues without problems afterwards.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - by Isambard Prince - 2021-02-20, 20:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0