Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
(2022-06-27, 00:22)Jackojmi Wrote: I refer specifically to the "volume amplification" setting that only occurs in the osd when playing a video or music- not the volume control. This setting is really an audio compressor with makeup gain, and is useful for levelling sources from inside and outside of Kodi.

For example, I use libreelec Chrome browser to stream some content, meaning the system volume is at %100 by default, but then Kodi TV sources are too quiet without adjusting the amplifier.

Example 2 playing records, if I could level the sources inside/outside of Kodi I would not have to adjust my amplifier constantly (esp useful with kids).

I say "workaround" as this question has been addressed one before.
Thankyou

I found my workaround: The osd menu that contains the "volume amplification" (audio compresser) has the setting "save as default for all media". What I have only just realised is that this setting saves the default for the media TYPE you are using currently (IE it's not save as default for ALL media, you can save a default for music audio and a default for video audio).

This means when I play music, my music audio profile is loaded (just a volume setting now), and the audio compressor is turned off in the osd audio setting= better audio quality.
If I play a movie or TV show, then the relevant audio profile (again just a volume level) is loaded, and the compressor is set to 20db with downmix center channel level at 15db via the osd audio save as default setting= more audible dialogue and less loud SFX (I have a 2 channel system).

While I would love to fine tune things further by having separate compressor settings for music (no comp), TV (high comp), movies (medium comp) and also a late night setting (very high comp), I can achieve most of this to a satisfactory level with Audio Profiles volume save setting, and the above 'set as default' setting, along with a remote control shortcut to the osd audio menu.
Thanks.
It may be worth clarifying this in the wiki?
Or maybe I'm just dim witted 🤷

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - by Jackojmi - 2022-06-27, 07:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0