Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
Firstly, thank you for this excellent add-on which I've just discovered, and which helps fix an annoying and longstanding problem I've had on my HK1RBox S905X4 running CE19, then CE20 nightlies. The problem has always been that, after playing any video with a DTSHD or TrueHD audio track, if I then play any 2-channel or multi-channel music file it plays at around 19x speed. This is with Audio Device set to HDMI Multichannel PCM (7.1), and Passthrough Device set to HDMI. Rebooting fixes the issue, and as I've only just discovered, so does changing the Audio device to HDMI (2.0) and then back to HDMI Multichannel PCM (7.1).

So I thought I might be able to do this automatically using Audio Profiles based on Codec-type, using two profiles; one with the audio device set to HDMI Multichannel PCM (7.1) and the other with it set to HDMI (2.0), both with passthrough for all formats, and switching between them based on the codecs. I configured it to switch to HDMI (2.0) when playing TrueHD or DTSHD, and to HDMI Multichannel PCM (7.1) for all other codecs. This worked perfectly for TrueHD, but didn't detect or switch for DTSHD.

After some investigation, I found that the DTSHD codec on this box is actually named 'dtshd_ma', not 'dtshd'. So as an experiment, I changed the string 'dtshd' to 'dtshd_ma' in apsettings.py line 50, in audioprofiles.py line 150 and in settings.xml line 655 (the only instances of the string I could find).

I don't know whether I needed to change the string in all three of these places, but this has fixed the problem and it now detects and switched for both HD audio formats.

I was wondering whether there was any way you could make this workaround more permanent, or will I need to reapply it on each new version of the add-on?

Many thanks again for your excellent work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - by serafis - 2022-11-15, 06:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0