Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
Is there a way for the addon to differentiate between files with Atmos content and regular EAC3/True HD files?

I ask because Denon AVRs appear incapable of using Atmos on Dolby content if Auro3D has been selected for Dolby content without Atmos.

Say... I want Auro3D (a nice upmixer) to work on DD, DD+ and Dolby TrueHD content. But I don't want to use it for DD+ and TrueHD Atmos. If I set Auro3D to be used for DD content... it's Auro3D for everything Dolby. I can solve this by decoding DD to PCM. But I don't want to do it for DD+ or TrueHD, because that would mean losing Atmos anyway.
Since I have not much faith in Denon recognizing their mistake, I wonder if the addon could help.
Theoretically MediaInfo is more than capable to identify files with Atmos content, as opposed to regular DD, DD+ or TrueHD. So Codec Detection could be maybe setup to differentiate?

I hope so. :-)

Thanks for developing this.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - by ashlar - 2023-06-09, 18:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0