Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
(2023-06-10, 02:43)pkscout Wrote:
(2023-06-09, 18:49)ashlar Wrote: Is there a way for the addon to differentiate between files with Atmos content and regular EAC3/True HD files?

Unfortunately, no.  Atmos isn't its own codec.  It can be embedded in either TrueHD or Dolby Digital Plus, and Kodi doesn't report anything more than the codec as part of the data it provides of the video/audio stream.
I forgot that Kodi still isn't using Mediainfo...

Atmos absolutely can be detected, see this collage of two different files' audio properties taken from Mediainfo:

Clearly the choice of using Mediainfo is beyond the scope of this plugin so... as a last resort... basing profiles on file name?

Edit: although... I don't get it. Isn't Kodi using ffmpeg to probe files for metadata info when adding to its databases?

a simple ffmpeg -i file.mkv on the first file from the screen above gives this result for audio:

Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: eac3 (Dolby Digital Plus + Dolby Atmos), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 768 kb/s (default)

Same thing for TrueHD with Atmos:

Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: truehd (Dolby TrueHD + Dolby Atmos), 48000 Hz, 7.1, s32 (24 bit)

So it seems that Kodi should be able to differentiate. Why it doesn't?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - by ashlar - 2023-06-10, 03:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0