Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)
(2023-08-24, 01:53)pkscout Wrote:
(2023-08-23, 13:47)hakkinenvthh Wrote:
(2023-08-23, 11:38)pkscout Wrote: Kodi core returned unknown as the type, so that's what we have to work with on the addon side.  I can't say why core did that, especially with only a log snippet.  We really need a full and complete log, not just the snippet.  Put Kodi in debug mode, restart Kodi, duplicate the issue, and then put the entire log in pastebin.  Maybe that'll show something that will tell us why core is doing that.
Yeah you are right, no problem when we can treat it on the add-on side. I notice that when I call the method "GetProperties" on the player to get the current stream 's informations with some *.dsf or *.dff files, it takes time so I had to add some delays  depending on the file's size. Maybe it's the same case for the core, the add-on demands the informations too soon (sometimes the core returns well the song type). I'll try to debug xbmc
There is logic is the add-on to wait for certain video stream types to get results, and you can change the wait time in the settings.  If you find that waiting gets you a result eventually for those files, I can probably add the same logic for audio.  The drawback is that, as currently written, it's all or nothing.  You either have a delay for everything or nothing, and that could mean a delay in triggering whatever action you want for audio.  I might be able to do something where if it gets no result or unknown that it waits and tries again though.
Thank you, I could make some modifications for my use case (dsd music, multi-channels music,...) and everything works great now. For information, even with debug activated, I can't find the reason why sometimes the core returned "unknown" as type, but the method Player.isPlayingAudio() always return True for a song, so I can rely on it to treat the music, without entering in "auto_unknown" type. I wonder if we could retrieive the informations from ffmpeg decoder when opening the file, so we don't have to call jsonRPC getProperties to get the number of channels, and can reduce the delay. Thanks again for your replies, I'm a Kodi user for a long time but I'm just beginning to see the codes, I hope that I would contribute one day ^^

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - by hakkinenvthh - 2023-08-28, 16:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later)0