New user - help with 'Search' page after scraping movies
Hi

Smarting from a frustrating experience with another library manager tool, TMM looks to be a lot friendlier - heck it even has some docs! ;-)

Anyway I've added my movie source folder and TM has imported my media files. I then seleted to search and scrape all my files (around 1k) and I could see it was populating my movie folders with .nfo files and artwork etc. All good so far.
But then it came back with a "Search movie 1/414" window with movie metadata and options to Abort queue, Back, Cancel or OK, and I'm rather confused.

https://www.tinymediamanager.org/docs/quickstart says:
"After that a new dialog opens, a search with the preferred media scraper is triggered and the search result is presented to the user.
After selecting the right search result, tinyMediaManager downloads all preferred meta data (select able in the lower part of the search window) and stores it into the NFO files for further usage (importing it into a media center tool like Kodi, or re-importing it into tinyMediaManger after a new set up)."

But I'm still none the wiser, I guess I was kind of expecting it to give me a summary page of everything that it had done. I'm not clear on what these 'Search movie' pages are asking. Do I really have to OK every single window? Hasn't it retrieved all the info already (since the subfolders seem to have new files)?

All I want to do is get all my movies recognised by Kodi so I can list them properly, I'm not too fussed about getting all the correct artwork and other metadata.
So you are bulk 'scraping' all you movies?!
I guess, we couldn't find your movie, and in this case YOU have to enter a correct search term and choose the correct movie...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Yes I'm scraping my entire library, but the subsequent search windows appear to be returning individual movies i.e. they are not saying can't find a movie, but I'm not quite sure what each window is asking me to do with the options it gives i.e. Abort queue, Back, Cancel or OK.

As I say I'm just following the Quick Start Guide.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New user - help with 'Search' page after scraping movies0