Android JAckets on a Syno NAS
Hi folks,

How to locate the movies jackets and the .nfo file on the NAS (Syno)?
My friends and I use each a fire TV stick and the menu are very slow + black screen often...  Hopefully, when the video is started, it works well !
I don't want to synchronized all the database between those 3 users, just using the NAS for faster the menu...

Do you have a script or a tutorial ?

Take care,
_Auto
NFO (wiki) files, if present, should be in the same folder as the media file itself.

By movie jackets I presume you mean the artwork metadata. That will be stored on the device itself (your Firestick in this case) unless you've exported the library, at which point it will also be written to the same folder as the media file. This of course only works properly if each file is in its own folder, at least for movies (TV shows must have this set-up anyway to work).

Slow menu speeds is more likely due to network connection speed issues between the device and the NAS (slow wifi for example), or due to the inherent slow speed of the device itself. The firestick is normally OK for device speed, so I'd look more into your network set-up.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank's for your response.  How can I export the datafiles from an Amazon key ?  I will try because there's not anymore space on the key and my movies are already stored as you described...
Kind regards, _auto
See here - https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_lib...rate_Files . That will output your artwork and NFO (wiki) files to your NAS, presuming the Firestick has write access to it.

It may also be worth doing a library clean (settings > media > library > video library > clean library with the menu level set to advanced or expert in the lower-left hand corner of the screen), but be careful as if you have media on remote or unplugged drives or sources which aren't available you can remove those too if you select the wrong option (it will ask you about removal if it finds such a situation).

Something like the Texture Cache Maintenance utility can also be used, but that's somewhat more for the advanced player, especially on Android.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JAckets on a Syno NAS0