Setup Question for members using QNAP Club TVheadend back-end App / HDHomerun Connect
Hello, Members.

My apologies in advance for the detailed question.

If anyone is using the QNAP Club TVheadend back-end app/HDHomerun Quattro tuner/Kodi 18.6 (Leia)/Nvidia Shield combo, I sure could use your help.

My current setup is two HDHomerun Connect Quattro OTA devices (8 tuners total) that I use to view and record OTA tv channels to my QNAP TVS128T3 NAS via Plex and the HDHomerun app. I want to dump Plex and switch to Kodi. I installed Kodi 18.6 (Leia) on four Nvidia Shield boxes and all equipment is connected to an ORBI router via Cat 6 Ethernet cables. The TVHeadend back-end consists of the two QNAP Club apps (TVH_DEV_HDHRbuiltin 1.0 + TVHeadend 0.9.7) installed to the NAS.

I’d like the Kodi/TVHeadend front-end on each Nvidia Shield to log into the QNAP NAS, play TV from the OTA HDHomerun tuners and access and play my recordings created by the TVHeadend backend installed on the QNAP. My problem is I can't get the Kodi/TVHeadend add-on installed on the Nvidia Shield boxes to sign into my QNAP Club/TVHeadend back-end app. Specifically, I am not sure if I am typing the correct QNAP IP information into the Kodi/TVHeadend add-on, OR if the problem lies elsewhere.

My QNAP IP address is 192.168.0.50. If I type that IP address into a web browser, the QNAP webpage shows up, so I’m sure the IP address for the QNAP NAS is correct. BUT I'm not sure if I'm using the correct “IP address format” or leaving something off at the end of the IP address in the Kodi/TVHeadend front-end add-on.

Example: If I used the "Start Wizard" to install the QNAP Club/TVHeadend app, it doesn't matter if I leave the "user/password" sections blank or enter something, it doesn't matter if I type the IP address as "192.168.0.50" or "192.168.0.50:9981" or "192.168.0.50:9982"; when I type the same information into the Kodi/TVHeadend add-on, I can't get the systems to connect. I saw an “example IP address” on a forum that looked like "192.168.0.50/27" but I don't know what the "/27" is for, where it came from or why it was needed. Since nothing else is working, now I wonder if I need to add something similar to this “/27” at the end of my IP address, whether the ":9981" needs to be added or left off the end of my IP address (and the installation just isn't working for some other reason) OR, if the IP address I need to enter is ACTUALLY NOT the QNAP IP address, but another IP address (i.e. the "TVHeadend back-end IP Address", if there is one)? If I’m using the wrong QNAP IP address, where would I look to obtain the correct IP address?

I've been working on this for a few days, I think I'm close but either the "IP Address Format" I'm using is not correct (and I can't guess the correct format) or something else is off.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Oh yes, one other thing: Sometimes when I run the "Start Wizard", the system will find “Muxes” but it won’t find any “Services” and the "progress" jumps to 100% quickly without scanning. When this happens, I can't get the app to find the “Services” no matter how many times I try, so I have to delete the apps/add-on and start over. Sometimes I had to delete and reinstall the entire setup several times to get past this error. Can anyone offer clarification on why this sometimes happens?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Ray Knight

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup Question for members using QNAP Club TVheadend back-end App / HDHomerun Connect0