Automate scanning process of new media in source
i apologize in advance for double posting. My original post was created in the wrong thread.

I have been using TMM for a few weeks now and getting familiar with its impressive features. I have been using Media Center Master for a number of years and has suite my needs quite well.
Although there are pro's/con's to each (for my needs), one of the features that I like in MCM is the automatic scanning of folders/sources, and updates nfo/metadata/artwork for new media in a automated and timely manner. I have MCM scanning my movie sources/folders every 10 minutes for new folders.

Is there a way to do this in TMM?
has not been implemented, since it might not work on all platforms (we're multi OS), on all file systems (multi OS & remote shares).
I might have a research on that how that would work in a more recent version of Java (many things have been added/fixed in the past years), but before that feature cannot cover at least 80% of all filesystem/OS combinations, I will not include it
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-05-03, 20:52)shanester Wrote: .....I have MCM scanning my movie sources/folders every 10 minutes for new folders.....
Just use cron on Linux or task scheduler on Windows and run tmm without GUI to do the job -> https://www.tinymediamanager.org/docs/commandline

The example there:
Code:
tinyMediaManagerCMD.exe -update -scrapeNew -renameNew

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automate scanning process of new media in source0