• 21(current)
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
(2023-08-18, 08:56)Soli Wrote: Hope it comes with a remote that doesnt lag half a second :-)

Seeing as we haven’t had reports with that with the Vero 4K or 4K + I think that is unlikely..
(2023-08-18, 12:47)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2023-08-18, 08:56)Soli Wrote: Hope it comes with a remote that doesnt lag half a second :-)

Seeing as we haven’t had reports with that with the Vero 4K or 4K + I think that is unlikely..

That's great to hear. Unfortunately my Vero remote does lag for approx half a second. All this time I thought this was by design. (same lag if I connect the usb receiver to any other pc as well).
Try change the battery and re-pair it. We haven’t had any reports of this in the past and we have been selling this remote design since 2015.

If you still have issues get in touch.
So..Well maybe I exaggerated a bit. I haven’t really used it a lot. (I’m too lazy nowadays so I mostly use Plex on the Apple TV, which has fantastic tone mapping built-in) The lag is noticeable, it’s not quite half a second, but maybe 200ms. It’s not as snappy as using the ps3 media remote, or a usb keyboard. It might not be laggy enough to be a problem for most users, hence no reports of it. But it is a little jerky. For normal usage it’s okay, but using the OSD, or if you scroll down fast it becomes extra noticeable.

Could you compare it yourself vs an usb keyboard?
(2023-08-19, 09:25)Soli Wrote: So..Well maybe I exaggerated a bit. I haven’t really used it a lot. (I’m too lazy nowadays so I mostly use Plex on the Apple TV, which has fantastic tone mapping built-in) The lag is noticeable, it’s not quite half a second, but maybe 200ms. It’s not as snappy as using the ps3 media remote, or a usb keyboard. It might not be laggy enough to be a problem for most users, hence no reports of it. But it is a little jerky. For normal usage it’s okay, but using the OSD, or if you scroll down fast it becomes extra noticeable.

Could you compare it yourself vs an usb keyboard?

Still shouldn’t be the case. We had a software repeat filter for remotes that was too aggressive several years ago and it was to stop multiple presses, but that got relaxed a few years ago and users found the remote more responsive. This also allowed us to implement new king press functionality. It would help to know more about the setup (and obviously exaggerating doesn’t help). If it is still problematic I suggest a separate support request (perhaps [email protected]).
I use OSMC remotes on multiple boxes (Vero & CoreElec) and it works perfectly.  Clicks are instant.  I have tried at least a half dozen different remotes and OSMC remote was by far the best.  Must be something on your end.
I am literally asking if you can do a comparison with a usb keyboard to determine if I need a «separate support request». Connect a usb-keyboard and do a comparison with the usb-receiver, for instance moving around and clicking on the On screen keyboard. While at it, try the usb-receiver in a windows pc as well since navigation there (overall, not just kodi) is probably smoother than the Vero4k+, and differences might get even more amplified.

If it’s indeed as instant as a usb keyboard on your end.
(2023-08-20, 15:24)Soli Wrote: I am literally asking if you can do a comparison with a usb keyboard to determine if I need a «separate support request». Connect a usb-keyboard and do a comparison with the usb-receiver, for instance moving around and clicking on the On screen keyboard. While at it, try the usb-receiver in a windows pc as well since navigation there (overall, not just kodi) is probably smoother than the Vero4k+, and differences might get even more amplified.

If it’s indeed as instant as a usb keyboard on your end.

It is instant here
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1