Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
(2020-12-05, 13:25)DigitriX Wrote: Hi guys,

I am considering getting a Vero, but I would like to ask some questions first:

Here's my hardware:
TV: LG OLED C9
AVR: Yamaha RX-V485
Storage: Seagate 8TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 External HDD

1) Can I plug in the HDD (formatted in NTFS) and play my media from it without any issues/stutters? My most 'demanding' files are 2160p HEVC 10bit HDR MKVs with around 30-40Mbps bitrate, so nothing special, really. From what I have seen/read it's capable of playing files with much higher bitrate.
2) Will I be able to output the lossless audio tracks available (DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby True HD, etc...) within the MKVs on the Seagate to my AVR (it supports those formats)?

Some questions about subtitles: All my subs are regular .SRT files with the same name as the MKVs.

3) Does it recognise Cyrillic characters? Most probably YES, but just to be sure.
4) Can I move them at the very bottom of the TV screen?
5) Are there any colour options, and if yes, what? For example, can I make them dark grey? The normal white subs are quite bright when watching HDR content.
6) What is the option for the subtitles size? Is it the 'small, normal, big', or you can select a number for a font size for a fine tuning?

I haven't found an article or a video where all the settings are shown, and the official User Manual has only basic info, so that's why I am writing here.

Thank you in advance! Smile

Cheers,
Ivo
Hi,

1. Yes -- but I would recommend using a different filesystem, such as  exFAT, for performance reasons. Keep in mind that the USB drive will need to be externally  powered.
2. Yes. This is configurable under Audio Settings.
3. Yes, but you may need to change the default font in OSMC under Skin Settings
4/5. Yes -- see https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/L...#Subtitles
6. Should also be answered above

Hope this helps

Sam

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vero 4K+ Review: Finally, a Native Kodi 4K + 3D Do-it-All Player? - by Sam.Nazarko - 2020-12-07, 17:37
Vero 4k osmc box - by Zenoshi2022 - 2022-03-16, 17:42
RE: Vero 4k osmc box - by Eleanor - 2022-03-16, 20:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1