Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
(2020-12-03, 20:58)hdmkv Wrote: Once the occasional macroblocking issue affecting the few 3D titles is fixed, Vero 4K+ will be the perfect Kodi 3D player.
There is at least one other outstanding issue with 3D that I'm aware of: with some titles, if the file is in 3D ISO format, the first time you skip forwards or backwards during playback, everything freezes up for anything up to a minute before playback resumes. Second and subsequent skips aren't a problem. I've only seen this happen on a couple of films (Avatar and Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets), and it's easy enough to avoid by ripping to MKV rather than ISO, but something to be aware of.

If you're really nitpicking, there are also some very rare instances where subtitle display-depth may be incorrect if the file is in ISO or M2TS format - but this really is rare and again you eliminate the problem (such as it is) by ripping to MKV.

Overall it's looking very nice for 3D. It might be placebo effect, but I think the image quality is a fraction better than on the Pi 3. And I was also delighted to find that it plays 3D subtitles correctly on the Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode (The Day of the Doctor) where, using the original disk, the subtitles play in 2D on my Oppo player!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vero 4K+ Review: Finally, a Native Kodi 4K + 3D Do-it-All Player? - by User 309201 - 2021-01-25, 17:06
Vero 4k osmc box - by Zenoshi2022 - 2022-03-16, 17:42
RE: Vero 4k osmc box - by Eleanor - 2022-03-16, 20:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1