Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
(2022-03-16, 18:12)KaraokeAmerica Wrote: In fact if it were able to natively use all my commercial services like Disney+, NetFlix, Prime etc it would likely be the only type of streamer I had because it can not only handle 4K, but also REAL 3D-MVC including edid signals so it can switch my TV into the correct 3D mode automatically.

Just to point out - it's not EDID signals that do that. EDID is the data from your TV (and AVR if you have one) that is sent to the Vero 4K+ so that the Vero+ knows what formats the TV (and AVR if present) supports. This EDID data will contain details about the 3D Frame Packed and HSBS/HTAB formats that your TV will accept, I believe. A compliant source (player) will only output video in a format that is signalled from the sink (display) via that sink's EDID.

The signalling you are referring to that the Vero 4K+ outputs to switch your TV into the correct mode is the signalling in the HDMI video signal sent from your Vero 4K+ to your TV, which is likely to be within data blocks like HDMI InfoFrames (though Frame Packed HDMI is a video format of its own with a unique structure that is different to regular 1080p or 1080i 2D video so defines itself)

Messages In This Thread
Vero 4k osmc box - by Zenoshi2022 - 2022-03-16, 17:42
RE: Vero 4k osmc box - by Eleanor - 2022-03-16, 20:04
RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - by noggin - 2022-03-18, 10:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1