• 16(current)
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
I upgraded my Vero4K+ from the development build that supported 3D-MVC already. Since I and apparently some others had issues with complete updating via MyOSMC I recommend just going straight to the CLI version if you can as described in the first FAQ here:

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/kodi-v19-tro...-faq/89968

Mine worked after that including 3D!
@Sam.Nazarko 

When i get it right, you are the person behond the Vero 4k+, if not, ignore my post.

Because of the poor kodi situation on Android TV i wanted to try out your praised Vero 4k+ device.
I am a day one user since the OG XBMC and had several devices starting from the OG XBOX, Windows HTPCs, Android TVs all running kodi.
Sadly i am not satisfied with the current situation on android TV.

I want to place an order on your website and have two issues/questions:
  • After checking out with paypal and click "place order", an error will be shown "Billing Postcode / ZIP is not a valid postcode / ZIP.". My ZIP is in the format "XXXX" from Austria and it's correct. What can i do?
  • Do i have to pay custom fees in order to get the Vero 4k+ now because of brexit or do you send it from within the EU?

Thank you
pOpY
(2021-08-15, 10:57)popy Wrote: @Sam.Nazarko 

When i get it right, you are the person behond the Vero 4k+, if not, ignore my post.

Because of the poor kodi situation on Android TV i wanted to try out your praised Vero 4k+ device.
I am a day one user since the OG XBMC and had several devices starting from the OG XBOX, Windows HTPCs, Android TVs all running kodi.

• After checking out with paypal and click "place order", an error will be shown "Billing Postcode / ZIP is not a valid postcode / ZIP.". My ZIP is in the format "XXXX" from Austria and it's correct. What can i do?
  • Do i have to pay custom fees in order to get the Vero 4k+ now because of brexit or do you send it from within the EU?

Thank you
pOpY
Hi

We ship to Austria frequently, so the post code should be working fine. If you PM me the details I can either send you a PayPal link or check what the issue is.
We ship from the UK and items are at time of writing sent DDU, so you may be asked to pay some additional fees.

I hope this  clears things up

Sam
(2021-08-15, 15:59)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2021-08-15, 10:57)popy Wrote: @Sam.Nazarko 

Thank you
pOpY
Hi

We ship to Austria frequently, so the post code should be working fine. If you PM me the details I can either send you a PayPal link or check what the issue is.
We ship from the UK and items are at time of writing sent DDU, so you may be asked to pay some additional fees.

I hope this  clears things up

Sam
Thanks a lot for comming back to me.
I have now placed an order with the "Checkout" button instead of direct paypal.
This way, i could enter my address manually and all went well.

PS.: You should already have my order :-)

Thanks for clearing things up.
pOpY
I bought a osmc vero 4k , i am so disappointed  ... i have my movies and tv shows on a external hard drive , i was using a raspberry pi with osmc loaded on it to play . since they are out of production and being sold at scalpers price i decided to try the osmc box, for a 2nd one for my bedroom . the pi has worked flawlessly for over a year adding some new and older movies as i can afford them . the osmc vero 4k took a few days to build a library and when i click on a movie it takes minutes to start playing , the circle of death keeps going ..

My question : is there any way to speed this up ?
(2022-03-16, 17:42)Zenoshi2022 Wrote: since they are out of production and being sold at scalpers price i decided to try the osmc box

Huh? https://osmc.tv/vero/

By "out of production and being sold at scalpers price" not sure if you are referring to a different OSMC box or a Raspberry Pi here, but as far as I know neither is out of production.
(2022-03-16, 17:42)Zenoshi2022 Wrote: the osmc vero 4k took a few days to build a library and when i click on a movie it takes minutes to start playing

I bought a Vero-4K+ at least a year ago and I don't have any of the issues you are talking about. I am using it over my network connecting to a Windows Plex server using the "Plex for Kodi" plugin. No issues at all related to what you are talking about. In fact if it were able to natively use all my commercial services like Disney+, NetFlix, Prime etc it would likely be the only type of streamer I had because it can not only handle 4K, but also REAL 3D-MVC including edid signals so it can switch my TV into the correct 3D mode automatically.

I have used OSMC on a, RPi-3B+ as well (again for the 3D support) and it also worked great.

My suspicion is that you don't know what is wrong so you are blaming the device.
(2022-03-16, 17:42)Zenoshi2022 Wrote: I bought a osmc vero 4k , i am so disappointed  ... i have my movies and tv shows on a external hard drive , i was using a raspberry pi with osmc loaded on it to play . since they are out of production and being sold at scalpers price i decided to try the osmc box, for a 2nd one for my bedroom . the pi has worked flawlessly for over a year adding some new and older movies as i can afford them . the osmc vero 4k took a few days to build a library and when i click on a movie it takes minutes to start playing , the circle of death keeps going ..

My question : is there any way to speed this up ?

Something is obviously very wrong with your setup. I strongly recommend that you go and open a support request on the OSMC forums.

https://discourse.osmc.tv/latest

One quick thing to check: how are you powering the hard drive? The Vero 4K's USB ports are within spec for USB 2.0, but hard drives which draw power from the USB port generally require rather more power than the USB 2.0 spec allows for. So, if the drive is powered by USB, then you'll need to connect it via a powered USB hub. If the drive has its own mains connection, then that isn't the problem.

On the OSMC forum you will be asked to post debug logs, so the guys can check the state of your setup. If you don't know how to do that, see here: https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-subm...t-request/
From your post, it sounds like you may be using hard drives without an external power supply as others have suggested.
I'd suggest making a post on our forums as suggested above and we'll look in to this and get it solved for you

Cheers

Sam
(2022-03-16, 18:12)KaraokeAmerica Wrote: In fact if it were able to natively use all my commercial services like Disney+, NetFlix, Prime etc it would likely be the only type of streamer I had because it can not only handle 4K, but also REAL 3D-MVC including edid signals so it can switch my TV into the correct 3D mode automatically.

Just to point out - it's not EDID signals that do that. EDID is the data from your TV (and AVR if you have one) that is sent to the Vero 4K+ so that the Vero+ knows what formats the TV (and AVR if present) supports. This EDID data will contain details about the 3D Frame Packed and HSBS/HTAB formats that your TV will accept, I believe. A compliant source (player) will only output video in a format that is signalled from the sink (display) via that sink's EDID.

The signalling you are referring to that the Vero 4K+ outputs to switch your TV into the correct mode is the signalling in the HDMI video signal sent from your Vero 4K+ to your TV, which is likely to be within data blocks like HDMI InfoFrames (though Frame Packed HDMI is a video format of its own with a unique structure that is different to regular 1080p or 1080i 2D video so defines itself)
Hey guys,

Do the Vero 4K+ and the Odroid N2 (running CoreELEC) share the same HDMI CEC hardware and software ?

My N2 is driving me crazy regarding CEC... sometimes it works flawlessly, but more than often it just seems to "break" the CEC chain and I need to reboot it to make it work again.
When it breaks, I lose the CEC capabilities on all other devices the (Apple TV 4K, PS5 and Xbox). 
It's completely random, it can work fine for a few days and then break...

The N2 is connected to the soundbar but it's also happening when I connect it directly to the TV (Samsung QLED).

When I switch it off completely, CEC works and never breaks... It's driving me nuts...

If the Vero 4K+ has no known issues with CEC, I might just replace the little thing !
(2022-05-11, 19:44)Sebos Wrote: Hey guys,

Do the Vero 4K+ and the Odroid N2 (running CoreELEC) share the same HDMI CEC hardware and software ?

My N2 is driving me crazy regarding CEC... sometimes it works flawlessly, but more than often it just seems to "break" the CEC chain and I need to reboot it to make it work again.
When it breaks, I lose the CEC capabilities on all other devices the (Apple TV 4K, PS5 and Xbox). 
It's completely random, it can work fine for a few days and then break...

The N2 is connected to the soundbar but it's also happening when I connect it directly to the TV (Samsung QLED).

When I switch it off completely, CEC works and never breaks... It's driving me nuts...

If the Vero 4K+ has no known issues with CEC, I might just replace the little thing !
Both projects use libCEC, however the implementation in UBoot and kernel is different.

Sam
Thanks Sam !

I think I'll give the Vero 4K+ a try.

Are you aware of any known problem between Samsung TVs and Vero regarding CEC ?

TV is a Q950R model (from 2019) coupled with a HW-Q90R soundbar.
It's nothing exotic, I have the Apple TV 4K on HDMI1, PS5 on HMDI2, soundbar on HDMI3/eARC and Xbox on HDMI4. The N2 is connected to the HDMI1 port of the soundbar.
I already tried to switch the N2 to the TV's HDMI1 and the Apple TV to the soundbar's HDMI1 with no success...
(2022-05-11, 23:05)Sebos Wrote: Thanks Sam !

I think I'll give the Vero 4K+ a try.

Are you aware of any known problem between Samsung TVs and Vero regarding CEC ?

TV is a Q950R model (from 2019) coupled with a HW-Q90R soundbar.
It's nothing exotic, I have the Apple TV 4K on HDMI1, PS5 on HMDI2, soundbar on HDMI3/eARC and Xbox on HDMI4. The N2 is connected to the HDMI1 port of the soundbar.
I already tried to switch the N2 to the TV's HDMI1 and the Apple TV to the soundbar's HDMI1 with no success...

We've had issues with Samsung TVs on older firmware in the past, but recent versions behave OK.
You may want to check that your TV firmware is up to date before ruling out the N2.
It is, indeed.
Samsung finally added eARC compatibility on the latest 1399 firmware from April 2022 (lack of eARC on this TV was the reason I plugged the N2 to the soundbar, couldn't have uncompressed Atmos or DTS:X without it).
I wish 3D-MVC playback capabilities were available for other Amlogic devices via KODI.
This would only require some kind of cooperation between KODI and the OSMC team, wouldn't it?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1