• 18(current)
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
(2022-12-30, 23:34)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2022-12-30, 23:32)Edworld Wrote:
(2022-12-28, 23:12)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Install SMB Server from the App Store and it will show up automatically in Windows

Sam
I installed SMB from app store and changed settings on Vero 4k+ and it didn't show up on my windows 10 computer. I then went into vero settings and changed smb client settings min and max to none and that didn't work. I then changed to smbv1 for min and max and that didn't work. I already had windows smb 1.0 enabled.

My verizon router feeds a netgear G560S switch. I have the vero and my windows PC connected to this switch. The router only has 1 ethernet out so I need a switch regardless.

What else can I do?

Thanks

You don’t need to adjust those settings as they are client side options. Reboot both devices and the shares will show.
On the vero 4k+ i changed smb to default settings and on windows I unclicked SMB 1.0 and still no go. By the way, on my windows computer, under network I can see the router and my nvidia shield.

I do have the vero with a fixed IP and I am able to access from my windows computer to vero using putty, so at least i know both devices can communicate

Thanks for your support
In a Windows file explorer, if you manually enter the IP address of the Vero 4K in the address bar (e.g. \\192.168.1.3) can you see it then?

You should probably post some logs as well, so Sam can check your settings.
(2022-12-30, 23:32)Edworld Wrote:
(2022-12-28, 23:12)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2022-12-28, 14:47)Edworld Wrote: Is there a way to share across my local network an external hard drive that is connected to my vero 4K+? The vero is hardwired by ethernet. If yes, will I be able to save mkv's to the external drive connected to vero 4k from a windows PC that I use to rip makemkv's?

Thanks

Install SMB Server from the App Store and it will show up automatically in Windows

Sam
I installed SMB from app store and changed settings on Vero 4k+ and it didn't show up on my windows 10 computer. I then went into vero settings and changed smb client settings min and max to none and that didn't work. I then changed to smbv1 for min and max and that didn't work. I already had windows smb 1.0 enabled.

My verizon router feeds a netgear G560S switch. I have the vero and my windows PC connected to this switch. The router only has 1 ethernet out so I need a switch regardless.

What else can I do?

Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyatMj1Z2NQ

If you get the error "You Can't Access This Shared Folder Because Your Organization's Security Policies Block Unauthenticated Guest Access" the above video gives you the solution.
(2022-12-27, 01:59)hdmkv Wrote: You guys are due for a new, more powerful media player Wink.

We have to give our competition a chance Wink
(2023-01-03, 03:54)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2022-12-27, 01:59)hdmkv Wrote: You guys are due for a new, more powerful media player Wink.

We have to give our competition a chance Wink
If it has:

Dolby Vision, HDR & HLG (with metadata passthrough)
Atmos & DTS:X
3D
Properly implemented frame rate switching & support
AV1 support

You will absolutely corner the market Wink
HDR10+ would be nice as well, plus VP9 (up to 4K/60) support.
Hi,
My main interest is in audio, specifically multi-channel. Will the Vero (using Kodi) handle all the standard formats, incl DTS, DTS-HD,etc?

I'm currently using a Firestick with Kodi & finding some stuff is being down-mixed to PCM 2.0, which is really annoying!

thanks!
(2023-01-05, 16:46)mickyb Wrote: Hi,
My main interest is in audio, specifically multi-channel. Will the Vero (using Kodi) handle all the standard formats, incl DTS, DTS-HD,etc?

I'm currently using a Firestick with Kodi & finding some stuff is being down-mixed to PCM 2.0, which is really annoying!

thanks!

Yes.
wow! that was quick Sam, many thanks!

Also, just to confirm, will it handle gapless for 5.1 / 7.1 flacs?

If so, you may receive an order shortly Smile
(2023-01-05, 16:52)mickyb Wrote: wow! that was quick Sam, many thanks!

Also, just to confirm, will it handle gapless for 5.1 / 7.1 flacs?

If so, you may receive an order shortly Smile

Yes - should be fine.
I can confirm Sam's comments.  I have 4 Vero 4k+ units, an Intel 8i7BEH NUC and a Raspberry Pi 4.  The Vero 4K+ supports all of the bitstream protocols (i.e. DTS, DTS-HD, True-HD etc..) in either passthrough or decode mode.  I have Vero 4K+ units on all of my smart TVs, except the main unit where I have the Intel NUC for maximum performance.  The Vero 4K+ devices are rock solid performers, workhorse units for me and the best value streaming clients I have. 

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Thanks Jeff, that's very useful info.

Hi Sam,
Just a query re capacity, I have a "sizeable" music collection of flacs, probably around 300k files.

Can you advise whether the Vero will handle this sort of volume.

A large # are live concerts from a single artist, so it wouldn't be an issue if I just navigated to these through the file menu in Kodi, & didn't add them directly to Kodi internal DB.

thanks
(2023-01-06, 11:02)mickyb Wrote: Thanks Jeff, that's very useful info.

Hi Sam,
Just a query re capacity, I have a "sizeable" music collection of flacs, probably around 300k files.

Can you advise whether the Vero will handle this sort of volume.

A large # are live concerts from a single artist, so it wouldn't be an issue if I just navigated to these through the file menu in Kodi, & didn't add them directly to Kodi internal DB.

thanks

If you’re not even using the database then it won’t be an issue whatsoever.
I'd prefer to use it, but if it meant there would be a capacity issue, then I could work around it.

That's why I was querying whether capacity for max files was known.
(2023-01-06, 11:48)mickyb Wrote: I'd prefer to use it, but if it meant there would be a capacity issue, then I could work around it.

That's why I was querying whether capacity for max files was known.

You shouldn't have issues if you're not experiencing them on a Fire Stick.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1