Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
(2023-02-01, 01:55)Edworld Wrote: Hello

I have Verizon fios connected to a netgear 5 port ethernet unmanaged switch GS605. If I hardwire the vero 4k+ to the netgear switch It will not have internet access. If I connect directly to the verizon fios it will.

Is there a setting on the vero 4k+ so I can use it hardwired? I do not know why the switch is blocking the Vero

Thanks

This switch is a normal dumb L2 switch so no VLANs, filtering etc.  That is good and the likely cause is cabling.  This switch has auto trunk detection so any port should be able to be connected to any device and Ethernet cable polarity (i.e. normal vs. crossover) shouldn't be an issue either.  I'd first look at the port lights when you have the switch installed.  Are they both on and blinking for both ports ?  If you use the same cable from the Vero 4k+ to the switch and move it directly from the Vero 4K+ to the FIOS router does it work ?  If so, try the direct Vero 4K+ to FIOS router connection with the other cable and see if it works ?  That could help test both cables.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Messages In This Thread
Vero 4k osmc box - by Zenoshi2022 - 2022-03-16, 17:42
RE: Vero 4k osmc box - by Eleanor - 2022-03-16, 20:04
RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - by jbinkley60 - 2023-02-01, 11:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1