Solved NFS Windows 10 ONLY issue
I have successfully been using NFS to my NAS for my Windows Kodi set up for approximately 7 years until yesterday!  Many times I have rebuilt/repointed the libraries, new installs, etc., etc. without issue.

I very recently changed my media folder and file naming convention.  Instead of rescanning the existing NFS path and doing a library clean, I decided to remove the path and re-add it (to ensure a clean library with no hangover).  However... when I go to add a new video source and browse to NFS nothing happens (see debug log below).  Yet I can manually add a network location as NFS and this seems to work but why (not ideal and never had to do it this way in 7 years!)?

I use two other devices (Sony Android TVs) to connect to the same Kodi SQL database and media on the NAS.  On these, I can still add a new video source and browse to NFS without having to manually add a network location, so I am sure that this is onlynew issue on my Windows 10 PC

Nothing has changed on my Synology NAS with regards to the permissions, etc.  Again, the other two devices can happily browse the NFS in the "normal" manner".

The only thing I can think of that might be causing the issue on the Windows device was a recent Windows update 4 days ago (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 (2)) but can't see anything in the updates notes that would have caused this issue.

Pertinent extract from debug log:
DEBUG: NFS: Context for 192.168.0.100/volume1/video not open - get a new context.
DEBUG: NFS: Connected to server 192.168.0.100 and export /volume1/video
DEBUG: NFS: chunks: r/w 131072/131072
ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://
ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://) failed

Full debug log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/imepeqoseq.kodi

This one is making me tear my hair out, as recently as a month ago, I was able to browse the NFS in the "normal" way when I was adding a new path to one of my kids profiles. (same PC, same NAS, same Kodi version, etc.)
Just noticed, this is also only a NFS issue, I can browse to the NAS via SMB.  Sadly I prefer NFS over SMB...
I am bumping this as it's still an issue.  Oddly I think I was able to resolve it last time by simply restarting the NAS but that trick isn't working this time.

Anyone know who to solve this?  The debug log is pretty much the same as last time...
(2021-05-28, 15:00)Hairy Hippy Wrote: The debug log is pretty much the same as last time...

Our paste site has a retention of approx 60 days... So your initial debug log is no longer available.
(2021-05-28, 15:04)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-05-28, 15:00)Hairy Hippy Wrote: The debug log is pretty much the same as last time...

Our paste site has a retention of approx 60 days... So your initial debug log is no longer available.
Ahha, thanks for letting me know that.  I was about to repost it but I also needed to restart the PC given another Windows update and guess what... it's working again now!  Cross fingers it continues to do so as it's far quicker adding new stuff on the PC than the Android TVs...
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS Windows 10 ONLY issue0