[HOW TO] Have rclone autostart on an Android install
(2021-07-13, 02:17)maiki83 Wrote:
(2021-07-05, 12:03)fandangos Wrote: This seems correct.

I haven't tested kodi 19.1.

It does not work with Matrix 19.1, please see if someone can help
I mean, you could install my version on github from the first post?  It's working just fine on 19.1 on my shield.
Hi I'm running rclone addon on Kodi 19.1. Below is my configuration, could anyone take a look if it's correct?
(2021-07-19, 17:42)aistand Wrote: Hi I'm running rclone addon on Kodi 19.1. Below is my configuration, could anyone take a look if it's correct?

My rclone addon just runs rclone, with the command you put in the addon settings.  There is no 'correct' or 'incorrect'.

Your screenshot is of adding a network source.  That doesn't actually have anything to do with the addon.  It looks correct, if you have a serve webdav command similar to the default.

My strong recommendation is to create and test your rclone command on a PC/Mac.  You'll need to do that anyways to get your rclone.conf file to put onto the kodi machine.
@jkasyan Yes I've tested the rclone command on PC and it worked. 

Today I installed your addon and I kept seeing "Permission Denied" from Log!
(2021-07-20, 18:18)aistand Wrote: @jkasyan Yes I've tested the rclone command on PC and it worked. 

Please post the logfile lines.  What android device are you trying to install this on?
(2021-07-22, 00:19)jkasyan Wrote:
(2021-07-20, 18:18)aistand Wrote: @jkasyan Yes I've tested the rclone command on PC and it worked. 

Please post the logfile lines.  What android device are you trying to install this on?

Hi I have posted the logfile link in last post.
Here is the link: https://paste.kodi.tv/eguzavisel.kodi
My device is Google Pixel 3a XL.
(2021-07-22, 03:46)aistand Wrote:
(2021-07-22, 00:19)jkasyan Wrote:

Here is the link: eguzavisel.kodi (paste)
Sorry, missed the log link in your previous response.  Thanks.

I don't see anything obviously wrong. Permission denied seems like it could be a few things.  Can you try running the 32 bit version of kodi and see if that fixes things?
(2021-07-22, 16:58)jkasyan Wrote:
(2021-07-22, 03:46)aistand Wrote:
(2021-07-22, 00:19)jkasyan Wrote: Please post the logfile lines.  What android device are you trying to install this on?

Here is the link: eguzavisel.kodi (paste)
Sorry, missed the log link in your previous response.  Thanks.

I don't see anything obviously wrong. Permission denied seems like it could be a few things.  Can you try running the 32 bit version of kodi and see if that fixes things?
Hi I have tried Kodi 32 bit version. The only difference is it did download rclone.gz file this time. Still, I got "Permission Denied" from log.
Here is the log link: izedixihuj.kodi (paste)
(2021-07-19, 04:36)jkasyan Wrote:
(2021-07-13, 02:17)maiki83 Wrote:
(2021-07-05, 12:03)fandangos Wrote: This seems correct.

I haven't tested kodi 19.1.

It does not work with Matrix 19.1, please see if someone can help
I mean, you could install my version on github from the first post?  It's working just fine on 19.1 on my shield.

I was trying it with the Google TV with chromecast, with this it doesn't work (Do you know why it can be?) !! I provided it with a Xgimi H2 projector with Android and perfect working !! Thank you!!
Using the 32bit kodi, my addon works on my shield, fire TV, moto z4, Samsung tab s, and optima p1 projector.

The two reports of this not working we have so far are Google products.  Maybe they have some extra security thing set up? Some filesystem mounted noexec? 

Without having one, I can really only guess.  Try editing the main.py file.
​​​​​​before the line
if not xbmcvfs.exists(loc)
Try adding
loc = "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/rclone-android-16-arm"
If that doesn't work, try
loc = "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/lib/rclone-android-16-arm"

I've tested both lines on my tablet and they both work there.  Worth a shot
(2021-07-23, 07:54)jkasyan Wrote: Using the 32bit kodi, my addon works on my shield, fire TV, moto z4, Samsung tab s, and optima p1 projector.

The two reports of this not working we have so far are Google products.  Maybe they have some extra security thing set up? Some filesystem mounted noexec? 

​​​​​​before the line
Try adding
loc = "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/rclone-android-16-arm"

Hi @jkasyan. Neither of the two lines you proposed did not work. The problem is still the same with "Permission Denied".
Thanks for your help anywaySmile
(2021-07-23, 12:41)aistand Wrote:
(2021-07-23, 07:54)jkasyan Wrote: Using the 32bit kodi, my addon works on my shield, fire TV, moto z4, Samsung tab s, and optima p1 projector.

​​​​​​before the line
Try adding

Hi @jkasyan. Neither of the two lines you proposed did not work. The problem is still the same with "Permission Denied".
Look at your logfile, and you'll see an entry like:

"The executable running is: /data/app/~~LGX0oAUvP8OwOyuC0-5TUw==/org.xbmc.kodi-YSIJd7kX4fyunrNQAJmUTA==/lib/arm/libkodi.so"

If that was your logfile
​​​​​​before the line
Try adding
loc = "/data/app/~~LGX0oAUvP8OwOyuC0-5TUw==/org.xbmc.kodi-YSIJd7kX4fyunrNQAJmUTA==/lib/arm/rclone-android-16-arm"

I don't think that will work, but very curious to see.  

A couple of less ideal/more difficult options:

You can sideload Kodi 18, and that will work. 

If you root your device, then you can run a magisk module https://github.com/galeksandrp/app-data-file-exec

You may also be able to find a version of kodi modifed to Target SDK to 28 in APK Studio Editor.  You'd sideload it, and disable automatic updates.  Team Kodi can't do this with the officially distributed version as google requires targeting SDK 29 to be updated in the play store.

I'm not at all sure how binary addons are going to work in the future. Google already says "An app distributed via Google Play may not modify, replace, or update itself using any method other than Google Play's update mechanism. Likewise, an app may not download executable code (e.g. dex, JAR, .so files) from a source other than Google Play."

Maybe we'll need to publish binary addons as addon apks in the store?  Is that how the binary addons do it right now?  No clue.
My 2cents with this issue.

I think we will have to zip the rclone executable into kodi apk.

It would be best to do this with Maven's build that has the dolby vision and bluray menu java code.

Add rclone binary, jar signe it and it will be able to be executed.
(2021-07-24, 23:29)fandangos Wrote: My 2cents with this issue.

I think we will have to zip the rclone executable into kodi apk.

It would be best to do this with Maven's build that has the dolby vision and bluray menu java code.

Add rclone binary, jar signe it and it will be able to be executed.

Yeah, i did that when i started out with this.  I don't want to maintain it for every kodi and rclone release though.  Would be better if there was a more official/automated build that targeted a lower API that would just still continue to work without anything weird.

There's also a mention in the termux forum about a different location that will still work for the time being.  

https://github.com/termux/termux-app/iss...-743470386 

I haven't looked into it though.  It's possible this is the same location that is mentioned in my post about logfile location?
(2021-07-24, 20:20)jkasyan Wrote:
(2021-07-23, 12:41)aistand Wrote:

​​​​​​before the line
Try adding

Look at your logfile, and you'll see an entry like:

"The executable running is: /data/app/~~LGX0oAUvP8OwOyuC0-5TUw==/org.xbmc.kodi-YSIJd7kX4fyunrNQAJmUTA==/lib/arm/libkodi.so"

If that was your logfile
​​​​​​before the line
Try adding
loc = "/data/app/~~LGX0oAUvP8OwOyuC0-5TUw==/org.xbmc.kodi-YSIJd7kX4fyunrNQAJmUTA==/lib/arm/rclone-android-16-arm"

I don't think that will work, but very curious to see.  

A couple of less ideal/more difficult options:

You can sideload Kodi 18, and that will work. 

If you root your device, then you can run a magisk module https://github.com/galeksandrp/app-data-file-exec

You may also be able to find a version of kodi modifed to Target SDK to 28 in APK Studio Editor.  You'd sideload it, and disable automatic updates.  Team Kodi can't do this with the officially distributed version as google requires targeting SDK 29 to be updated in the play store.

I'm not at all sure how binary addons are going to work in the future. Google already says "An app distributed via Google Play may not modify, replace, or update itself using any method other than Google Play's update mechanism. Likewise, an app may not download executable code (e.g. dex, JAR, .so files) from a source other than Google Play."

Maybe we'll need to publish binary addons as addon apks in the store?  Is that how the binary addons do it right now?  No clue.

Hi @jkasyan I added the line you proposed and kodi showed an error of "Permission denied: '/data/app/~~fN3Dc3yGSLA7OSIdPi-fEw==/org.xbmc.kodi-BgThrOjmXMLYe0nN5Y0kfg==/lib/arm/rclone-android-16-arm'.
The log file is acaliteroh.kodi (paste).

Also My Pixel 3a XL is not rooted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] Have rclone autostart on an Android install0