No sound.
I can play music files with XBMC, but I hear no sound.
I've changed the audio device to "iec958", because default gives me this error: alsa error: Device or resource busy

Other than that, all other sounds work fine. (navigation sounds, sound when playing videos.) I've tried fiddling with alsamixer to no avail.

I'm on Arch Linux.
XBMC rev 14631 built it myself.
Now video's stopped having sound too. :/ I get this error in the log:
00:34:12 T:2895088528 M: 34598912 ERROR: Flush - flush-start, alsa error: Broken pipe

Navigation sounds still work
Ok, so here's how it is.

When the audio device is set to "default" I can play videos with sound, but I can't play music. (see error in first post)
When the audio device is set to "iec958" I can play videos, but I hear no sound and get the error in the second post. Music plays, but I hear no sound.
Are you using digital audio?

On my system, iec958 refers to the spdifport, so it's the wrong setting if you are using analogue.

Or if you are using digital then this might help.

Shorty
Nope, no digital audio. I use analogue.
Is one of your options Analog? On my setup I have both digital AND analog and I have an analog dropdown - which I don't use as I'm outputing digital via coax.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Someone at #alsa helped me figure it out. SDL defaulted to OSS instead of using ALSA. Tongue

Thanks for the help anyway. Smile
Cool, how did you change sdl to use ALSA?

Sounds like it could be the same thing that causes my problem.

Shorty

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound.0