Backup APP on Android TV Boxes NOT Finding Backup Files to RESTORE
Video 
Hi there to everyone,

I have just registered with the site but always download Kodi from here.

I am using the BACKUP 1.0.3 from Kodi Repo to backup my Kodi Install from my old Android Smart TV Box to install/clone it to my new Android TV Box running 10.0.

I get the backup to work GREAT. The problem/issue starts when I TRY to restore the backup file from my USB Flash drive to my new tv box.

I run backup app on my NEW Android TV box and go to SETTINGS and set the PATH under BROWSE to the FILE containing the BACKUP file I created on my OLD TV Box. But, when I try to RESTORE the file the 'List' of available backups is EMPTY. I keep rechecking the PATH to the backup file in SETTINGS. But, every time I run the RESTORE option the restore List/Window is empty. I did a 'Google Search' and after a few hours trying different suggestions. I always manage to make the backup OK but NEVER got RESTORE to work because the list/window of files was empty.

I finally found a set of instructions to restore from a SPECIFIC folder which was 'android/obb/org.xbmc.kodi' . I checked my USB drive and all those folders were already there! I quickly moved the backup file to the org.xbmc.kodi folder and by magic when I ran Backup APP again & clicked on settings  & picked that folder. Then I ran it again & picked RESTORE and thsi time my backup file WAS THERE in the list/window! I selected it and after 3 or 4 minutes it was fininished and when I closed & opened Kodi again ALL my ADDONS & SETTINGS from my old TV Box were there & WORKING!

I am just writing this to ask if my BACKUP FILE MUST always be in the 'org.xbmc.kodi' FILE? Or am I once again being very stupid & thick because when I first did the BACKUP I was able to save the backup file to the location I specified in SETTINGS on the USB because I did not have a clue to check the ANDROID folder etc at that time.

Any comments & suggestions will be very welocme and appreciated by this very nervous and stupid newbie
(2020-05-23, 03:21)Derek1964 Wrote: Any comments & suggestions will be very welocme and appreciated by this very nervous and stupid newbie

It may be a known problem. See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2934902 .

The version is up v1.1.3 now though in the Kodi repository.
(2020-05-23, 06:18)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 03:21)Derek1964 Wrote: Any comments & suggestions will be very welocme and appreciated by this very nervous and stupid newbie

It may be a known problem. See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2934902 .

The version is up v1.1.3 now though in the Kodi repository.  

Hi Klojum,
Thanks for your reply and trying to help.

I made an error in my first post and I checked and I do have V1.1.3 of the backup app installed on all my Android TVBoxes. For the moment the 'Work around' I am using is to make 2 or 3 backups into the same directory on 2 or 3 different Flash drives and I can usually have 2 or 3 of the able to be recognised by the RESTORE section of the Backup app.

I now have  a different and bigger problem/issue now with trying to upgrade or uninstall Kodi on my new Android TV Box running Android 10.0. But I assume I will have to start a whole NEW posting & thread in the forum instead of carrying this one on.

Once again thanks for your reply and help
Derek
Hello every body, I am new here, and I want to know how make a back up for my kodi configuration, and I am using the Infigo's backup, but when I select the full backup, it appear a window with an error that says "Could Not Use This Location for Backup Please Chose Another Location" [Errno 13] Permission denied:"

How can I fixed?

Help is appreciated!
Also, I trying to safe the backup in a USB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backup APP on Android TV Boxes NOT Finding Backup Files to RESTORE0