Solved [solved] Windows Kodi not getting thumbnails?
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/fXCCDnqzNM/

The majority of my lan is linux based. Mariadb is the sql, everything is Kodi 18.6 or 18.7. My windows desktop is seeing the library just fine, but for some reason never seems to download the thumbnails for the Wall view of the movies or tv shows. I'm not sure why this is of course. They just don't show up. I've left this running for a day or 2 without turning off or suspending and they just don't seem to come up. On my linux users that run Kodi the thumbnails folder is almost 1gb in size currently. On Windows it isn't even hitting 100mb yet. So I'm just a touch lost on that?
i don't know that much about the thumbnail cache management, but I tried a couple of the image urls from tmdb that your log showed weren't working and it appears to me the files don't exist on tmdb any more.  So my guess is your library is stale, but on the other systems you have art that was successfully cached in the past and the cache is being used.

What you might want to try:

1.  Go to one of the movies or shows missing art, open the info dialog and do a "reload".  If you have a local nfo file, you might want to skip it and try to use the scraper directly.  See if the reload results in your Win Kodi getting the art.

2.  Alternative is to install Artwork Beef addon on the affected client (Win Kodi) configure it and let it find artwork for you.

scott  s.
Ok. Can't find Artwork Beef. 1100 movies. Is there a way to global it while keeping my watched and progress positions?

*EDIT* never mind on the addon. didn't google, just looked in official repos.
Marking as solved. I couldn't get Artwork Beef to work. Every time it just tossed an error. I think I need to figure out how to enable addons or something because I have never had a single external addon work. That being said as I had nothing to lose I simply replaced the entirety of my Windows user's Users\jmgib\AppData\Roaming\Kodi folder with the contents of one of my linux machines .kodi folder. Seems to have worked just fine. Loaded Kodi and everything has thumbnails now. I'm thinking I'll need to keep a backup of these /home/"$USER"/.kodi directories and I can just put it on whatever device as needed.

Suggestions for anyone else. Keep a backup of at least one kodi machines .kodi folder and just copy it into place on new installations, editing sources and such as needed. Mine came from a linux box and worked straight away on Windows save one thing. Had to add the Mythtv addon.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved] Windows Kodi not getting thumbnails?0