brigthness and reslution video problem
hi every one
recently i noticed that every video i run in kodi is not like the original Brightness or Reslution , there is CLEARLY a big diffrence between them , i dont know if it is a problem in the settings or something else . please help me or give me your settings if it works fine with you. 
i want to post 2 images to show you the diifrence but i couldnt do it here. 
thank you
(2020-06-04, 04:07)simplecube Wrote: ecently i noticed that every video i run in kodi is not like the original Brightness or Reslution , there is CLEARLY a big diffrence between them

Either you are watching HDR movies which are not properly decoded, or the video settings in the OSD are incorrect. Double-check them.

(2020-06-04, 04:07)simplecube Wrote: i want to post 2 images to show you the diifrence but i couldnt do it here. 

Use the i-button in the forum text editor. It will upload images and insert a URL automatically.
(2020-06-04, 04:34)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 04:07)simplecube Wrote: ecently i noticed that every video i run in kodi is not like the original Brightness or Reslution , there is CLEARLY a big diffrence between them

Either you are watching HDR movies which are not properly decoded, or the video settings in the OSD are incorrect. Double-check them.

(2020-06-04, 04:07)simplecube Wrote: i want to post 2 images to show you the diifrence but i couldnt do it here. 

Use the i-button in the forum text editor. It will upload images and insert a URL automatically.
here is the original screenshot : 
https://imgur.com/a/HQglQKo
and here is the kodi screen shot : 
https://imgur.com/a/ycyaQ5X
(2020-06-05, 02:52)simplecube Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 04:34)Klojum Wrote:

here is the original screenshot : 
https://imgur.com/a/HQglQKo
and here is the kodi screen shot : 
https://imgur.com/a/ycyaQ5X

this is the kodi screenshot if it didnt show : 
https://imgur.com/a/Uw45oy1
Check this Video levels and color space (wiki) and follow along here.
(2020-06-04, 04:07)simplecube Wrote: kodi is not like the original Brightness or Reslution
Where are you grabbing the original from? Brightness and Resolution can be set in the OSD for all files, change your rendering method.
(2020-06-05, 05:31)PatK Wrote: Check this Video levels and color space (wiki) and follow along here.
(2020-06-04, 04:07)simplecube Wrote: kodi is not like the original Brightness or Reslution
Where are you grabbing the original from? Brightness and Resolution can be set in the OSD for all files, change your rendering method.  

Hi, I’ve read the “video & Color space” link. 
Thus for windows10 playing 4k HDR videos, what should be the resolution settings in windows 10 to have the best video quality in Kodi v19?

To have the best video, it will be full,full,full. 

So if our video content is 4KHDR, i suppose that’s considered full.
For our GPU resolution setting, if we set our Color format to YCrCb format, we can only get limited instead of full range.
So we should use RGB instead of YCrCb?

Still trying to play around the setting to get the best video.

Thank u.
Again what are you using as 'original' to compare, if that's a screen grab are you using VLC.. MP-HC etc...  most use software decoding as default, Kodi utilizes your hardware... change your rendering settings (you might want to stick with limited colour space.)
(2020-06-05, 18:23)PatK Wrote: Again what are you using as 'original' to compare, if that's a screen grab are you using VLC.. MP-HC etc...  most use software decoding as default, Kodi utilizes your hardware... change your rendering settings (you might want to stick with limited colour space.)

I purely using kodi to play movies, meaning i just install kodi, launch it, then add the source drives, scrape the movies.
Then go to movies tab to play them. 
So i Guess i need to use all nvidia settings in windows for adjust?
(2020-06-05, 05:31)PatK Wrote: Check this Video levels and color space (wiki) and follow along here.
i didnt understand anything from them , as per the original i am using GOM Player

what should i do in kodi to get the same video as GOM Player ? i hope you can walk me through some steps and it would be very helpful 
thank you
After launching Kodi enter the settings>player>video>render method software. You may have some success with one of the render methods selected.

Check in settings>system>logging and turn on debug logging. Exit Kodi, re-launch and play one video, exit and submit this log to a public paste-bin and copy that URL to this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
brigthness and reslution video problem0