Concurrent modification of settings.xml issues
(2020-06-10, 23:19)ronie Wrote: see the wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_settings_c...2action.22

there's two examples for action settings.
you need the second one for action settings that also store a value.

This works great, thanks. However, my problem is bigger. For this text to speech addon, I would like any settings changes to immediately be reflected in the voicing. So, if someone changes the volume with a slider, the user will be able to hear the change as the slider moves. Changes to voice engine, language, gender, pitch and speed are similar. As it is they don't hear the changes until they are completely finished and dismiss the settings dialog.

So far it looks like I will have to either figure out a way to have all (or most) settings do some sort of callback using an action, or I will have to implement a settings dialog in my addon. Doing the latter probably means that I don't get the benefits of the skin and will have too much custom code. Is there some way to capture settings changes without a lot of custom code? Ideally I would get intermediate values, like when someone uses a slider to change the volume so that the volume changes as the slider is moved. I assume that the built-in settings dialog is not extendable or customizable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Concurrent modification of settings.xml issues - by fbacher - 2020-06-24, 18:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Concurrent modification of settings.xml issues0