Android Smart Playlists in Library?
So I have a fairly big television library at 423 shows. Naturally, several of these shows are part of the same universe or franchise (Star Trek, Law & Order, etc). I know Kodi doesn't support TV show sets/collections like it does with Movie sets/collections, but I've found similar functionality with smart playlists. 

Is there a way to integrate create a smart playlist for Star Trek, for example, that contains every Trek series, then integrate it into the TV library, add artwork, etc.? I would also need for it to not display the shows in the library itself (Having TNG in the Star Trek playlist AND being displayed as its own show in the library is counterproductive, as it's adding to the mess of a library I have instead of helping to simplify it). 

I suspect that this isn't possible, but I'm hoping that someone has a workaround. 

If not, how do you keep your library organized? I'm open to tips. I love Arctic: Zephyr, but I'm willing to change skins if it helps improve organization and functionality.
(2020-06-11, 02:30)xbmcjas Wrote: I love Arctic: Zephyr, but I'm willing to change skins if it helps improve organization and functionality.

If you're willing to switch skins, this works well with Aeon Nox SiLVO... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Use video node editor, its an addon in the kodi repo. I think it's in the program section.
I use it to 'create' multiple libraries. I have one for anime tv.

You just add a rule hiding all shows with star trek in the title. Create a new library and have it just show titles containing star trek.

You can then pick any skin that uses skin shortcuts and make a Trek menu with each show on the sub menu if you want, or add your trek playlists to the sub menu.

Technically your not creating a new library your just hiding TV shows in one video node and showing them in another.
This might be of use... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe

I've used it to combine the Stargate and Battlestar Galactica franchises.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-11, 04:40)Karellen Wrote: This might be of use... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe

I've used it to combine the Stargate and Battlestar Galactica franchises.

I got TAGS ( more then 1000) for movies while scrapping library using Universal Scrapper & Tmdb , Now when i open Smart playlist to load bunch of mix genre Tags for Movies , it give me awesome kind of desired playlist BUT  when i use same technique to load TAGS for TV Shows ( in Playlist Editor ) , TAGS wont appear there , How to get tags for TV Shows ?
(2020-08-19, 13:18)nazim12 Wrote: when i use same technique to load TAGS for TV Shows ( in Playlist Editor ) , TAGS wont appear there
They are working for me. This is my playlist...

Be mindful that Tags do not work for episodes.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlists in Library?0