Kodi won't import additional copies of movies if they already exist in library
I can understand zipping & unzipping files can become a habit.
But if we as Team Kodi members were having to unzip every log file, I think some unholy thoughts might emerge.
(Most) IT people I know like things to be easy, so being able to see a Kodi log file without much 'hassle' is good.

I'm really not trying to get on your nerves or anything. If you think that is the case, really it is not.
We're trying to deal with things on this forum as streamlined as possible. A poke here or there may stir things up,
but it's a support forum and we like to have the information in a certain way. That's all there is to it.
Ok, I get it. After placing the movie in the folder I have to manually create the nfo or tweak from one of the other copies, go to Videos > Files > Scan to Library to get it into the library.
They won't be automatically imported via Update Library.
Just out of interest, I played the video and there was so much noise/graininess it was barely watchable. In VLC and Potplayer it was fine.
Anyway, doesn't really matter, I only use Kodi as a library, never use it to play stuff.

Initially I copied file to folder. Update library - did not scrape. Went to videos > Files > I (No information found). Then Scan to Library (No information found). Then I created and tweaked the NFO and Scan to library worked.

Line 1290 shows the issue in the log file.

https://paste.kodi.tv/uqiqulahaz.kodi
Looking at your Groundhog Day movie. You have...
smb://192.168.1.1/Movies/Comedy/Groundhog Day (1993) - 2160p.mkv
But the scraper is searching for...
Groundhig Day (1993) - 2160p
Where is that spelling mistake coming from and why hasn't the string been cleaned by Kodi? Can you check item 1d here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

You also have tv shows where the episodes are not correctly named and are missing the SxxEyy numbering.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
<sigh> I thought Kodi scraped from "filename". It appears that it's scraping from the Movie Name in the files metadata. MKToolNix shows the internal name.
As I use DVDFab to rip my discs the internal movie names is almost always different to the filename, which was created with filebot. Sometimes the internal movie name is blank.
Rip disc with DVDFab - Rename file with filebot - Move to destination folder - update library - fail - create NFO - "Scan to Library" - success

So in the case of the Close Encounters of the Third kind I recently gave as an example, the meta data gives a movie name of CLOSE_ENCOUNTERS_OF_THE_THIRD_KIND_40TH_ANNIVERSARY_EDITION_.Title345. The year is missing. Might that explain why it failed?

So I removed this from the library, per 1d I disabled "Use Video Tags". It scraped fine. I assume that means other metadata will be missing like resolution, audio, channels etc.. I didn't look.

In the case of Prometheus another example, there is no internal movie name, and this seems to be true for a lot of movies I'm checking.

To test I ripped Field of Dreams giving it a filename of Field of Dreams (1989) - 2160p.mkv and matching the internal meta data with the file name. Scraped first time perfectly.

I am only experiencing this with movies that are already in the library. This makes no sense to me.

But it seems the work around is rip - filebot - MKVtoolNix Header Editor - Align Filename - save - import to kodi. Or run without scanning video tags.

TV Shows - The Stair Case, Miracle Planet? Lot's of documentaries will be like that. Haven't gotten around to those yet.
(2020-06-28, 11:31)Yanta Wrote: I thought Kodi scraped from "filename".
It does. But there is a setting that allows you to use the name embedded in the files metadata. You must have enabled that setting at some stage.

Just disable it and you will be fine.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well, it's been a week and I think you've solved it for me.
thank you.
Great. Good to hear @Yanta

Nice to know you did not give up on Kodi completely a year ago.

A list of common problems, watch out for item 1i as I think you are using a shared setup... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
(2020-07-04, 07:54)Karellen Wrote: Great. Good to hear @Yanta

Nice to know you did not give up on Kodi completely a year ago.

A list of common problems, watch out for item 1i as I think you are using a shared setup... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
At the peak we had 6 PCs running Kodi. Every one asked me to remove them because the quality wasn't great and it kept crashing. That's just what they said. I must admit, it does still crash a lot. I only use it as a library to keep track of my media, never to play content. So, yeah, it's still here Smile

I redeployed my Kodi server. There is no longer MySQL or a dedicated PC for it. It's just a local install on my PC only. Yes, the content is still on a server, and sources are created using SMB:\\<server-ip-address> but that's all that's left of it.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't import additional copies of movies if they already exist in library0