v19 Matrix visualization support thread
Kodi 19 will feature a Matrix inspired visualization (source: https://github.com/sarbes/visualization.matrix). It features 8 different presets with varying effects.

The visualization is pretty light weight, resulting in 40 to 50 FPS on a Raspberry Pi 1, depending on the preset. This keeps the power consumption to a minimum on faster systems. There is a performance optimization setting to sacrifice a bit of visual quality to get a small boost.

There are a lot of settings, allowing to alter the visual presentation (like rain speed or color).

Screenshot:
Thank you for this stunning visualization! The Album preset looks especially dazzling because of the pixelated cover with the rain effect through it!

However, I would prefer for the album cover to stay in the center of the screen and not be faded away 75% of the time. In other words, I would like the "Album" preset to behave exactly as the default "Matrix" preset. Is there a hidden setting I can change somewhere to make it behave this way? If not, could this option be added to the addon?
(2021-05-05, 18:40)pure.by Wrote: Thank you for this stunning visualization! The Album preset looks especially dazzling because of the pixelated cover with the rain effect through it!

However, I would prefer for the album cover to stay in the center of the screen and not be faded away 75% of the time. In other words, I would like the "Album" preset to behave exactly as the default "Matrix" preset. Is there a hidden setting I can change somewhere to make it behave this way? If not, could this option be added to the addon?

I have created an issue for this on XBMC Github. Please comment there.
Where are these "presets" in the Settings, and how can I get access please? I see them mentioned here, but I am not seeing anything other than how it came after installation, no preset option.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
You can choose a preset in the OSD.

As for new features, I don't have the time to work further on the viz. I can offer guidance if somebody is willing to put work in it, but that's it. Please don't make bug reports for feature requests.
(2021-10-18, 22:04)sarbes Wrote: You can choose a preset in the OSD.

As for new features, I don't have the time to work further on the viz. I can offer guidance if somebody is willing to put work in it, but that's it. Please don't make bug reports for feature requests.
Thanks tried that in the osd, but the Viz/Matrix/ Presets button was greyed out
Seems it's skin dependent, found working controls in another, nice viz!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Matrix visualization support thread0