Audio channel infolabels not precise
(2020-07-17, 15:41)Hitcher Wrote: It's not really a fix though because ListItem.AudioChannels works as intended and skins should, I suppose, just show the number of channels without the .1 for LFE.

Then I'd definitely question the intention of providing the audio channels in a format that doesn't allow the distinction between audio channel layouts used all over the entertainment industry. There's honestly no real use for the information whether there are e.g. 5 or 6 channels, if the source formats all use channels+LFE channel formats. I haven't seen any skin out there which doesn't either only show stereo or surround tags (for the lack of more precise information on the audio layout) or which guess which of the formats including an LFE channel is more likely to be referred to by the Kodi channel count. Both aren't precise and often misleading - therefore I can see how it's "done as it's supposed to", if basically no skin just shows the amount of channels without any further interpretation. Besides the fact that the pure channel count is not really helpful to users in the first place. Wink

I hope, my thinking is reasonable to you, @Hitcher - which I guess it is as you've referred to this issue needing a fix quite a while back as well (Bug - Dolby Digital 5.0 .mkv shows as 4.1 in default skin). Really hoping for a fix here to be able to provide more useful information to users.
OSMC Skinner      |    The OSMC Skin for Kodi v20 Nexus (native 16:9, 21:9 and 4:3 skin, special cinemascope/CIH version available)      |     GitHub: https://github.com/Ch1llb0/skin.osmc

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio channel infolabels not precise - by Chillbo - 2020-07-17, 15:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio channel infolabels not precise0