Auto update library /gdrive addon
Hi i'm currently attempting to create a kodi build. I'm using Gdrive and .strm files. One thing that hasn't crossed my mind is how i'd add then update new content to kodi when added to gdrive. Because i'll be setting this up on several devices it would be long winded to export any new media across every device. Would there be a way to automatically update new content on Kodi when added to gdrive?
(2020-07-08, 15:53)faycee Wrote: Hi i'm currently attempting to create a kodi build.

FYI, a "Kodi build" has quite a negative sound on our forum and in Kodi land in general. A "build" tends to have one or more not-so-100%-legal piracy movie/tv/sports add-ons in it, making it unwelcome on the Kodi forum as per our forum rules (wiki).

So I hope this won't be the case in your software adventure. Smile
(2020-07-08, 20:20)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-07-08, 15:53)faycee Wrote: Hi i'm currently attempting to create a kodi build.

FYI, a "Kodi build" has quite a negative sound on our forum and in Kodi land in general. A "build" tends to have one or more not-so-100%-legal piracy movie/tv/sports add-ons in it, making it unwelcome on the Kodi forum as per our forum rules (wiki).

So I hope this won't be the case in your software adventure. Smile
No idea what you're banging on about buddy.  1 week in and the term 'build' seems to be thrown around alot and i still dont know what it is but the term seems relevant, shoot me... Smile in the face Smile. Saying that I have noticed your presence on these forums in the past day and its always some irrelevant stuff coming from you loll I suppose we have alot of time on our hands nowadays Smile Thanks though
(2020-07-08, 15:53)faycee Wrote: One thing that hasn't crossed my mind is how i'd add then update new content to kodi when added to gdrive.
That's a question better asked in the gdrive thread... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=177557
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-08, 23:57)faycee Wrote: Saying that I have noticed your presence on these forums in the past day and its always some irrelevant stuff coming from you

Being noticed as moderators is okay, I guess. I just doubt that you have a clear and complete picture to judge on being irrelevant after joining the forum just 3 days ago.
The term 'build' is a trigger word for the moderator team as the term has been historically used for piracy solutions. We have a strict policy to not support piracy for the obvious reasons.
(2020-07-09, 07:03)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-07-08, 23:57)faycee Wrote: Saying that I have noticed your presence on these forums in the past day and its always some irrelevant stuff coming from you

Being noticed as moderators is okay, I guess. I just doubt that you have a clear and complete picture to judge on being irrelevant after joining the forum just 3 days ago.
The term 'build' is a trigger word for the moderator team as the term has been historically used for piracy solutions. We have a strict policy to not support piracy for the obvious reasons.
Who mentioned anything about pirated material? I'll wait for a response.. dont assume please because thats dangerous in the world we live in today. Wait for someone to say something and then advise accordingly. To say something pointless is pointless. Now someone please elaborate on why 'build' such a sensitive word here? If you dont have enough experience to answer a basic question. Just dont say anything, its simple.
As has already been told, if you look around the internet most of the references you will see relating to Kodi and builds are for piracy.

Sadly human nature is to want things for free, even when a little common sense will say that getting something that should be paid for but is being touted for free cannot be legal and/or legitimate. Hence there are all too many people out there who will try to fulfil this "need", except in many cases they may also sneak in other stuff that the user most definitely will not want (think malware and suchlike), either into the build itself or into the web page hosting it.

You are entirely correct that the fundamental meaning of "build" is legitimate, but unfortunately it has been taken over and subverted into something altogether darker. And if you have a look through the threads in the garbage section of this forum, you will see quite how strong the correlation between the word build and piracy is amongst some of our newbie members (and occasionally some who should know better).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto update library /gdrive addon0