Including Movie synopsis in View ?
(2020-07-20, 00:49)Terry60 Wrote: Bit premature.
All the TV info updated immediately (even though I was in movies at the time), but the movie info only appears if I "scan to library" on every individual movie one at a time.
I can't believe there's not a quicker way, but I'm b*gg*r*d if I can find it !

Surely someone amongst the vastly experienced Kodi users knows of a way to populate the info field in the entire Movie collection without having to right click > "scan for new content" on EVERY title individually ?
Isn't there a universal "scan for ..." option cunningly hidden away somewhere ?
(2020-09-14, 03:21)Terry60 Wrote: Surely someone amongst the vastly experienced Kodi users knows of a way to populate the info field in the entire Movie collection without having to right click > "scan for new content" on EVERY title individually ?
Use the Update Library... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...ry-_Manual
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-14, 03:25)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-09-14, 03:21)Terry60 Wrote: Surely someone amongst the vastly experienced Kodi users knows of a way to populate the info field in the entire Movie collection without having to right click > "scan for new content" on EVERY title individually ?
Use the Update Library... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...ry-_Manual
Thanks for trying, but option 4.1 "refresh source" has just undone everything I've laboriously added individually. Now I'm back with none of the movie info showing at all.
Worse still, now it won't even populate the info idividually on that PC, using the same set up as on the laptop where it still works !
Post a Debug Log which captures the problem you are experiencing. I think an Update Library should capture the problem as you say it is not populating the library view.

Also post one of your nfo files to Kodi Paste Site
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-14, 04:25)Karellen Wrote: Post a Debug Log which captures the problem you are experiencing. I think an Update Library should capture the problem as you say it is not populating the library view.

Also post one of your nfo files to Kodi Paste Site

I suspect the problem has something to do with the fact that all of my Video sources are accessed via "favourites" i.e. each Silvo main menu category is associated with a single folder for Movies or for TV series or various other categories, but the log is full of errors scanning files which aren't even in the folder I refreshed. It seems to be related to the fact that Kodi at some deeper level is still treating all video sources as a single entity even though I have them separated and accessed by their own menu item
(2020-09-14, 04:41)Terry60 Wrote: It seems to be related to the fact that Kodi at some deeper level is still treating all video sources as a single entity even though I have them separated and accessed by their own menu item
Kodi deals with 4 categories- Movies, TV Shows, Music and Music Videos.
There are a number of means of separating your content which is displayed in the skin.

So, yes. Kodi will always treat categories as a single source until you separate them for the skin.
My Signature
(2020-09-14, 05:51)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-09-14, 04:41)Terry60 Wrote: It seems to be related to the fact that Kodi at some deeper level is still treating all video sources as a single entity even though I have them separated and accessed by their own menu item
Kodi deals with 4 categories- Movies, TV Shows, Music and Music Videos.
There are a number of means of separating your content which is displayed in the skin.

So, yes. Kodi will always treat categories as a single source until you separate them for the skin.

That's my point. I have separated them for the skin, but Kodi ignores the separation and treats them all as one thing.Image
is how I've individually defined them to the Main menu
Each one relates to a favourite which defines a single folder containing that category
But when I right click on one folder and ask Kodi to rescan it
The log fills with messages about things in completely different folders. Kodi is completely ignoring my separation.

In all other respects,everything is exactly how I wanted it to be and look.
Each main menu item correctly displays what's in each defined category, all the fanart, thumbs and posters are as defined, everything plays correctly.
It's just this one thing, movie info doesn't scrape with the artwork collectively, only if every single movie is scanned individually, laboriously. one at a time.
That's a real PitA for 700 titles.
I tried renaming my Movie folder to "Films" and adjusting favourites and the Silvo Main menu to remove all traces of "Movie" in case that was triggering something in the bowels of Kodi, but it doesn't change anything
After a full rescan of the whole folder, despite the "info" choice, still no info
but right clicking and rescanning
brings up the desired result for just that one film

All of the movies have been scraped using MCM for use by Kodi and WMC

and MCM has created .nfo files for them all, like this one

but a folder level scan just ignores them all.
The images give me an idea of your setup, but not helpful in diagnosing the problem. Have a read through this page and see where you have gone wrong with menu setup... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items/Aeon_Nox_Silvo

My first concern are your nfo files. I did ask you twice to post your nfo file to Kodi Paste Site, but you took a screenshot instead so I cannot see the full nfo file. What I can see looks terrible. I would immediately stop using MCM and delete your nfo files as they are not fully compatible and hold some bad data.

And again I ask you for a Debug Log. Stop forcing me to repeat my requests for information or I will quickly lose interest.
My Signature
(2020-09-14, 21:59)Karellen Wrote: The images give me an idea of your setup, but not helpful in diagnosing the problem. Have a read through this page and see where you have gone wrong with menu setup... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items/Aeon_Nox_Silvo

My first concern are your nfo files. I did ask you twice to post your nfo file to Kodi Paste Site, but you took a screenshot instead so I cannot see the full nfo file. What I can see looks terrible. I would immediately stop using MCM and delete your nfo files as they are not fully compatible and hold some bad data.

And again I ask you for a Debug Log. Stop forcing me to repeat my requests for information or I will quickly lose interest.
I've uploaded the log from a fresh attempt to rescan the single folder "films" (renamed as previously mentioned) and as you can see it's listing all sorts of stuff from other unrelated folders (btw I'm not bothered about info or art work for most of that, they're edited off-air recordings of snippets for which no scraping is even remotely possible - one of the reasons they're kept away from movies and "proper" TV series) but it shouldn't even be looking there.
I did try the smart playlists route months ago (followed to the letter) but it completely failed to work as advertised, and was discussed with you in another thread at the time, during which another user suggested the "favourites" route which worked immediately to achieve the desired separation and is working beautifully, exactly as designed, with the one exception of this inability to bulk-detect the movie info whilst finding it perfectly satisfactory when rescanned title by title despite your reservations about the .nfo files.

Incidentally, this Kodi installation was a trial-run on W7 to find a WMC replacement before moving to W10. 
It's also installed now on a W10 laptop with a duplicate set of media files on a 6Tb USB drive and that behaves identically.
(2020-09-15, 03:22)Terry60 Wrote: I've uploaded the log
You need to provide the link to the log, or we will never find it amongst the thousands that are uploaded on a daily basis... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2839494
My Signature
Sorry, obvious mistake
https://paste.kodi.tv/upiyiwusov.kodi
FYI
I just tried removing the .nfo files from all films beginning "E.." and changed content from local only to universal movie scraper, and rescanned the folder, but even that displays no info,
Once again the info can be displayed title by title.
It's past 3am here so I'm off to bed now, so will not see any reply for several hours.
(2020-09-15, 03:38)Terry60 Wrote: Sorry, obvious mistake
https://paste.kodi.tv/upiyiwusov.kodi
Thanks, but you did not enable debug mode. Please follow the 4 steps in the instructions. Debug Log
My Signature
(2020-09-15, 04:31)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 03:38)Terry60 Wrote: Sorry, obvious mistake
upiyiwusov.kodi (paste)
Thanks, but you did not enable debug mode. Please follow the 4 steps in the instructions. Debug Log
Sorry again! https://paste.kodi.tv/qihayazaje.kodi

Scanning through it, the significant portion

2020-09-15 13:32:38.898 T:263764   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'M:\Films\' as not in the database
2020-09-15 13:32:40.437 T:263764   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir M:\Films\
2020-09-15 13:32:40.444 T:263764   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'M:\Films\7th Cavalry\' due to no change
2020-09-15 13:32:40.450 T:263764   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'M:\Films\Eurotrip\' due to no change
2020-09-15 13:32:40.457 T:263764   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'M:\Films\The Bourne Identity\' due to no change
2020-09-15 13:32:40.463 T:263764   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'M:\Films\The Bourne Supremacy\' due to no change
2020-09-15 13:32:40.468 T:263764   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'M:\Films\The Bourne Ultimatum\' due to no change
2020-09-15 13:32:40.475 T:263764   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'M:\Films\The Bourne-athon\' due to no change
2020-09-15 13:32:40.490 T:263764  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:01

relating to the folder in question
Each of those movies mentioned is one where the info has been added manually with a right click/rescan since renaming the M:\Movies folder to \Films and refreshing the whole thing.
For some reason it's only mentioning "OK" movies and not even looking at the vast bulk (which are obviously the ones I want it to grab info from)

Also the log is littered with previous VideoInfoScanner messages for completely different folders.

To make it clear
I Stopped Kodi after turning debug mode on, and resetting the M:\Films folder to local info only
Started Kodi to refresh the log
Navigated System > Media > Library > Videos
Right clicked on Films > Scan for New Content
Backed out to the home screen
Clicked Films to check that nothing had happened (as expected)
Scrolled down to see that the above listed titles were still info populated
Stopped Kodi
posted the log

So everything mentioned in other folders on Disk L:\ has been scanned on Kodi's initiative, nothing I asked it to do.
Perversely it seems to do the exact opposite of what I asked it.
Scans every other source than the one I pointed it to
Scans every item in the target folder which doesn't need updating
Ignores all the titles which actually do contain new info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Including Movie synopsis in View ?0