Solved Update Library on Startup Not Working
For the past few weeks "Update Library on Startup" is not working.
Every time Kodi 18.7 starts I get the message;
"Unable to Connect to Remote Server, Would you Like to Continue Scanning? Yes or No"

Running Windows 10 Pro v2004

Does anyone know how to fix this please?
I have deleted the cache with no effect.

Many thanks
Bob
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-22, 09:38)Karellen Wrote: Posted log but don't know how to link the log back to the original post??
Sorry new to this site
Bob

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Posted log but don't know how to link the log back to the original post??
Sorry new to this site
Bob
Ah think I've got it just read Debug log for Dummies, 

Posted log address: https://paste.kodi.tv/uqojohaqiq.kodi

Thanks
Bob
Yep, no problems.

Once you upload the log by clicking the save icon in the top right corner of the screen, wait a few seconds and the screen will update. Then copy the address in the address bar and paste it here.

Just make sure you enabled debug mode in Settings>System Settings>Logging and run an Update Library otherwise the log is useless.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
OK so I do not know which addon your referring too, but I have deleted them all except Next PRV add on and Rapier skin and any dependant addons.
Looks like Kodi is now scanning CINEMARX and TVDB for metadata and if it comes across something in the database it cannot find it stalls and produces the error message if you click 'Yes' it continues to run again until it finds something else it cannot find.
Looks like it needs to scan another database maybe IMDB unless that's not approved...
If it can how do I change from CINEMARX to IMDB??
If not how do I get Kodi to skip films and programs it cannot find when it scans??

Anyway run the log again in debug mode so you can hopefully see what's going on ref: https://paste.kodi.tv/exodisiyaz.kodi

Many thanks
Bob
(2020-07-22, 16:57)Grandad Bob Wrote: how do I change from CINEMARX to IMDB??
Not sure if you've cleaned out all the 'banned' extras, but my eyes are lazy to-day. Install the 'universal scraper' from the repository, Add-on:Universal Movie Scraper (wiki) in file mode pick the movie source and using the 'C'ontext menu pick change content, and in subsequent menus choose the scraper of choice. Adding video sources (wiki) You issue is almost certainly to be nomenclature  Naming video files/Movies (wiki) and suggest movies not be encumbered by rar files, or exotic video extras and other nonsense that will trip up the scraper. Usually if the video can't be found, the video is just not scraped and continues, a full stall indicates something that trips up the scraper, and would be noted in a true debug log.
(2020-07-22, 16:57)Grandad Bob Wrote: how do I get Kodi to skip films and programs it cannot find when it scans?
It does it automatically; on a proper installation that hasn't been compromised with 3rd party banned material. I note some 404 errors and http: calls and unexpected archives in the log, looking through the log for the word 'error' brings a number of issues, that suggest a fresh installation without this code pile, might offer a clean scan should the nomenclature and sourcing be correct.
@Grandad Bob

The update on startup does seem to be working, I can see it in the log. I can see it scanning H:\Box Sets\, H:\Films\, and H:\Video\. Are there other sources that should be scanned?

I also see Dinner Ladies which does not exist at the scraper site
H:\Box Sets\Game of Thrones Season 1\ which is incorrectly named
You also have Dark Waters and Emma and a few others all using the metadata.cinemarx.ro scraper that I have no experience with, so I cannot help you with it. Considering it has not been updated in over 2.5 years, I guess it might be broken.

= Edit =
Looking at the cinemarx.ro site, it seems to be unmaintained or outdated at least? Many of the popular movies I searched for do not exist on the site, or are just an empty entry.

= Edit 2 =
The scraper is broken. I will submit a PR to mark it broken. I suggest you switch to TheMovieDB or TheMovieDB Python scraper
My Signature
Seems to me that Cinemarx scraper is installed with Rapier skin as the default.
I found a way to uninstall Cinemarx but I cannot find out how to point the 'Update on Startup' to another scraper like IMDB. When I have removed Cinemarx nothing seems to update.
A step by step would be good if someone has the time please.
thanks
Bob

1. Highlight your Source
  2. Call up the Context Menu
  3. Select Change Content
  4. Select Choose information provider
  5. Pick a new scraper.
  6. Use the Get More button to download more.
  7. I suggest downloading TheMovieDB Python scraper
  8. Then adjust the Settings to suit your requirements

Moved to Information Providers
My Signature
Thankyou all for your help.
The advice has fixed the problem.
Many thanks
Bob
Thread marked solved.
(2020-07-22, 23:31)Grandad Bob Wrote: Seems to me that Cinemarx scraper is installed with Rapier skin as the default.
I found a way to uninstall Cinemarx but I cannot find out how to point the 'Update on Startup' to another scraper like IMDB. When I have removed Cinemarx nothing seems to update.

Glad you got the problem solved.

I just want to make clear that absolutely no scraper is installed with Rapier as default.
If a scraper is installed with the skin, it's not the official version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Library on Startup Not Working0