sound hiccups at content
Sorry i do not want to be cheeky, but im new with these problems,  and i desperate searching for a solution . I cannot follow you sometimes, because  im just a simpel user
i bought specially a TV and sonos, who supports DD+ /ATmos
Now the only way to watch 4k movies with ATmos,  is by using an USB stick in TV or by linking it directly to the NAS
In simple words: Kodi on Linux needs 192 khz samplerate available to do DD+. Your setup does not offer that. Try attaching your kodi box into the sonos directly if it has an additional port and see what you get.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So Kodi detects if the hardware is suitable, if not the setting is not shown.  Unfortunately Sonos has not a additional input 

What is already put into the issue, the Sonos is Atmos 100% sure. Adding the same content on USB , and put it into the TV. I get Atmos sound, directly. 
And also i had dit working, in the beginnen. ..  But Sound was always  5sec later activated. and strange hiccups

I wil try to use different hardware..
WTF

https://paste.kodi.tv/ozuhuyadoc

i did add a file 
: /storage/.config/logind.conf.d/nosuspend.conf

and now i have ATMOS , a added the log  

I do not know why it is working suddenly....
Most likely the power cycle did it. Very common for handshake issues. Always make sure everything is powered on before starting kodi.

Now you see the 192 khz in your log.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
MMh ok , i will pay attention how to powerup  ,  time to test
hopfully i can now focus more on the hiccups
(2020-08-09, 16:50)NiekN Wrote: WTF

i did add a file 
: /storage/.config/logind.conf.d/nosuspend.conf

and now i have ATMOS , a added the log  

I do not know why it is working suddenly....

what is the content of nosuspend.conf?
Sorry for grammatical errors, use an online translator
The file ""nosuspend.conf"" has two lines
1.[Login]
2. HandleSuspendKey=ignore

This is for a problem, that I had with thepower off button at remote
Jee 

I was testing .  i watched 2 series,  no hiccups, no sound problems  , all perfect at kodi 18.7(LE9.2.3)
I just endabled AC3 transcoding for the DTS movies i have.  test some movies who have DTS , and they are really encoded from stereo into dolby 5.1, nice

Then i  testing a DD+ movies and noticed i have no Atmos anymore , checked setting and really the E-AC3 was gone ...WTF

Changed setting back, Switch off tv en HTPC.  Then turn on TV again,  and after 2 sec turned HTPC on again
Still NO E-AC3. i still not see any pattern 

So i updated KODI, to te latest version kodi 18.8(LE9.2.4) 
Still no E-AC3
I read someting about HPET at Bios, to be disabled  
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/22385-...post143227 
but also not helping me
i Also made an image of the working LE version at SD where the E-AC3 was wroking.
I set that image back to that one . but also no E-AC3 anymore ..  HELP
i checked if i could find anything at the TV itself , and Yes.  If the setting E-AC3 is not present at Kodi, the TV chooses also luidspeaker selection "TV" and not "Home cinema"

I did not change anythink , nothing at all..  i switch on the HTPC and suddenly it worked again

It is some kind of handshake problem, but how to solve it   .....
i have a J4205-itx board (hdmi audioquest forest 3m) and a panasonic TV 55HZW1004
Only positive thing is no hiccups  sofar......
I now have my system updated to teh lates version LE9.2.4 Kodi 18.8

Still not descovered any hiccups anymore 

tested now 5 days ( 1 movie per day)

I had now 2 times , a handshake problem(someting like that)

Switch on TV and mostely the sound is already set to "home Cinema" at TV ( then i have atmos)
But sometimes the sound is set to "TV speakers" at TV, and when i switch on the HPTC(kodi) it will not switch to "home Cinema" , then the problem starts. No Atmos sound.

But when i switch on a other device(in my case the Ziggo NEXT box, who is on a different HDMI) it switches to "home Cinema"
As i said i had 2times a problem, and solved is (work-around) by switch on a onter device who is connected to the TV

This is a strange behavour , i think

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sound hiccups at content0