Installing addons from github's zip files.
I downloaded a few video addons using the zip format from github, I did not enter the url eg https://github.com/XLordKX/kodi
The zip files install ok but there is no menu tiles showing up when at the addon menu.  Is this a bug?
Do I need to add the repository of each addon in kodi as per setup instructions?

I am running Libre Elect os on raspberry pi 3.
(2020-08-09, 07:03)smokingwheels Wrote: o I need to add the repository of each addon in kodi as per setup instructions?

That Github repository is 5 years old. It's not impossible that it is simply incompatible with today's Kodi versions.
As per its issues listings: "— THIS PROJECT IS ABANDONED — use https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc instead —"
That Github repository was just example.
Can I download all my zip files from each of the Github's repository's then on kodi install via the zip file ?
(2020-08-09, 07:13)smokingwheels Wrote: That Github repository was just example.
Can I download all my zip files from each of the Github's repository's then on kodi install via the zip file ?
Yes you can, but as you have found, they might not be compatible. That's why Kodi has a repository system.

Chances are, if an addon is not in the main Kodi repository, there is a good reason, so I would suggest avoiding this.
(2020-08-09, 07:13)smokingwheels Wrote: Can I download all my zip files from each of the Github's repository's then on kodi install via the zip file ?
Yes. See image...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-09, 10:27)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-08-09, 07:13)smokingwheels Wrote: Can I download all my zip files from each of the Github's repository's then on kodi install via the zip file ?
Yes. See image...

Ok thanks
I did dowloaded a few and ssh'ed and transferred into Kodi to make the install quicker.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing addons from github's zip files.0