Req Quit/Exit after extended media pause
Feature Request:

Hello,

I use Kodi on Android TV (Nvidia Shield) to play music and video. When I pause either, only the screensaver turns on. The Power Saving settings never take effect.

It would be helpful to have an option to Quit after media is paused for x minutes, thereby allowing system power-saving measures to be applied. In my case, this turns off several power-hungry components along with it.

I have had people (kids) leave it on for a really long time. It would be nice to have all systems turn off.

There are some community screensavers which are supposed to exit Kodi. Not one works on my system, and even if they did, they would not achieve the full desired behavior. For example, the current screensaver behavior is great when playing audio, but I wouldn't want Kodi to exit while it's playing.

Thanks!

Expected Behavior

When enabled, and media is paused for a configurable time period, Kodi will Quit.

Actual Behavior

No such option exists, and Kodi remains the foreground app indefinitely.

Possible Fix

An option to Quit after Kodi has been paused for a configurable time.

To Reproduce

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Open Kodi on Android TV
Play any audio or video
Pause
Observe that Kodi does not exit/quit, superseding system idle settings in perpetuity

Debug Log

The Debug Log can be found here:
http://paste.kodi.tv
with the following path:
/anotadigaz
(note - the screensaver timeout was set to 1 minute, and the power saving to 5 minutes. The screensaver enables exactly 1 minute after PlayPause, but no Power saving init.)

Your Environment

Used Operating system:
[X] Android
 iOS
 Linux
 OSX
 Raspberry-Pi
 Windows
 Windows UWP

Operating system version/name:
Shield Android TV SW Version
8.1.1(32.7.301.99)

Kodi version:
18.7 Leia

Thanks!
RaspberryPi Model B
gpu_mem=256
overclock = Fast
xbmc-13-20140313-nc3
Please disregard my signature. I have used XBMC/Kodi for many years, and the signature reflects older versions on older hardware. This FR affects the Android TV version (although it would be a great feature to have for RaspberryPi, which I still use on occasion).

On RaspberryPi, I can workaround this using cron. That is not possible on AndroidTV (without rooting, of course, which can break DRM in some cases, and is not something I want to do).

Thanks!
RaspberryPi Model B
gpu_mem=256
overclock = Fast
xbmc-13-20140313-nc3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quit/Exit after extended media pause0