No lyrics for large playlists (using CU LRC Lyrics)
@ronie : I have been playing around with the updated version (5.8.0) and found an issue.

When I start playback from my (large) music->song section (ACDC - A whole lotta Rosie) and go fullscreen I get nicely get lyrics in about 3s. When I stop playback and start the same track again, CPU spikes (one of the cores goes to 100%) for about 20s. Then CPU drops and lyrics are shown (message pops up in top right corner after this 20s and lyrics are shown immediately after that). When I stop and start playback again it takes about 1 minute and 12 seconds, next time 2 minutes and 30 seconds. So it looks like the lyrics addon leaves some stale process somewhere. When I skip to next song once lyrics are shown (even in the case it takes >2minutes), skipping to the next song immediately shows the correct lyrics.

When I disable lyrics, of course the lyrics are not shown, but I do not see the high cpu usage when I stop and start playback.

Log here (lyrics addon loggin should be on now):
https://paste.kodi.tv/bogetaqeba.kodi
(2020-09-08, 12:59)ronie Wrote: @mr_blond18 thanx for the tests you've been doing!

after looking at your log giles, i can conclude two things:
1. we indeed do have the same taste in music ;-)
2. you didn't enable logging in the cu lrc addon settings

could you please give it another shot, using this version:
script.cu.lrclyrics-5.8.0.zip

in case that does not fix the problem, please provide a Debug Log with logging in the addon settings enabled.

I tried to install this version (5.8.0) on my Windows Kodi 19 Alpha1 install to investigate problems when using CU LRC Lyrics in combination with Netflix. However, I got a python dependency error. I think this is caused by the fact that kodi 19 switched to python 3.
@ronie : can you create a Kodi 19 compatible version?
@ronie : did you already investigate the problems I reported here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2975720
yup, had some time last night to look into it.
the high cpu issue should be gone in this version:
script.cu.lrclyrics-5.8.1.zip
please give it a shot, and let me know.

as for Kodi 19, there's a py3 version in the addon repo for kodi matrix,
but that won't have fixes for the issues you've reported.
i hope that get that version updated somewhere this week (will let you know).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-09-15, 13:07)ronie Wrote: yup, had some time last night to look into it.

I tested 5.8.1. and the problems I described before about cpu usage and delayed lyrics are gone now. Nice work!

If you have the kodi 19 matrix version, I am more than happy to test...
@ronie : in my original post I indicated no lyrics show up do to high cpu load. it looks like this is the root cause:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213737

The netflix addon makes it worse, but I see no problems for smaller playlists (1k songs in stead of 25k songs). Do you think you could make cu lrc lyrics more robust for the fact that generating the playlist takes a lot of cpu power?
@mr_blond18 i haven't been able to reproduce that specific problem.
i 'only' have 15k songs, so perhaps may playlist just isn't long enough to trigger the issue.

on my end, the lyrics will eventually show up once the cpu usage drops to normal... even if it takes 10 minutes.

if it behaves differently on your end, please provide a Debug Log (with logging enabled in the addon).
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie upon further testing in Linux as well I get an addon error everytime after lyrics of the first song have been found. Log says something about "Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded"

Debug log here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/zidiguqeta.kodi
thx! as it turns out, one of the lyrics sites was shut down 2 days ago..
i've removed it from cu lrc.
you can get the updated version here: script.cu.lrclyrics-5.8.2.zip
(2020-09-23, 12:48)ronie Wrote: thx! as it turns out, one of the lyrics sites was shut down 2 days ago..
i've removed it from cu lrc.
you can get the updated version here: script.cu.lrclyrics-5.8.2.zip

that's better, works again
(2020-09-15, 13:07)ronie Wrote: yup, had some time last night to look into it.

@ronie : did you already have time to make kodi 19 (matrix) version of this plugin with the improved behaviour (at least for me)
yes, if you're interested you can test this version for v19:
script.cu.lrclyrics-6.3.1.zip
(2020-10-01, 01:46)ronie Wrote: yes, if you're interested you can test this version for v19:
script.cu.lrclyrics-6.3.1.zip
unfortunately the plugin gives an error on startup. Log here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/upodomimiq.kodi
@mr_blond18 fix is simple, you'll need a newer nightly build of Kodi :-)
(2020-10-03, 21:58)ronie Wrote: @mr_blond18 fix is simple, you'll need a newer nightly build of Kodi :-)
Works, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No lyrics for large playlists (using CU LRC Lyrics)0