Looking at Kodi 19 Alpha 1

So I made the minimal requirements needed to use Metropolis on the alpha of 19 and it seems to work ok. (not a big deal, literally 7 characters changed)
Most of the big changes so far in 19 are with the GUI as it relates to PVR features, and I no longer have the ability to test these IRL so I guess I'm wondering how many users are actually using Metropolis and a PVR?
I will check to see if the fake PVR client still works and try to build off that if it still works, but are there people using Metropolis with the PVR features?
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2020-08-19, 06:34)MacGyver Wrote: Image

So I made the minimal requirements needed to use Metropolis on the alpha of 19 and it seems to work ok. (not a big deal, literally 7 characters changed)
Most of the big changes so far in 19 are with the GUI as it relates to PVR features, and I no longer have the ability to test these IRL so I guess I'm wondering how many users are actually using Metropolis and a PVR?
I will check to see if the fake PVR client still works and try to build off that if it still works, but are there people using Metropolis with the PVR features?
@dpierce

What is the useless quoting for?
Sorry for the screwup in quoting the original post.  Got confused there for a second.  I don't use PVR personally.  But haven't use Metropolis, my fav skin, ever since Kodi 18 was in beta.  Been waiting for it to show in Kodi Add-ons, but never has.  Look forward to using it again soon?
(2020-08-25, 22:54)dpierce Wrote: Sorry for the screwup in quoting the original post.  Got confused there for a second.  I don't use PVR personally.  But haven't use Metropolis, my fav skin, ever since Kodi 18 was in beta.  Been waiting for it to show in Kodi Add-ons, but never has.  Look forward to using it again soon?

I have zero control over the Kodi official version. I'm sorry the beta I created doesn't show up there yet. You can always manually install it.

There might come a time when I will try to see if I can simply branch Metropolis off into a skin release that I can add to the official repository that Kodi Add-ons use if the official Metropolis maintainers fully abandon it, but until then, I'll just keep releasing versions personally that will work with the official releases of Kodi.

It has been 6 months since jingai has logged in last, so he may have actually abandoned Metropolis, but I will keep working on it as long as I can.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2020-08-27, 02:38)MacGyver Wrote:
(2020-08-25, 22:54)dpierce Wrote: OSorry for the screwup in quoting the original post.  Got confused there for a second.  I don't use PVR personally.  But haven't use Metropolis, my fav skin, ever since Kodi 18 was in beta.  Been waiting for it to show in Kodi Add-ons, but never has.  Look forward to using it again soon?

I have zero control over the Kodi official version. I'm sorry the beta I created doesn't show up there yet. You can always manually install it.

There might come a time when I will try to see if I can simply branch Metropolis off into a skin release that I can add to the official repository that Kodi Add-ons use if the official Metropolis maintainers fully abandon it, but until then, I'll just keep releasing versions personally that will work with the official releases of Kodi.

It has been 6 months since jingai has logged in last, so he may have actually abandoned Metropolis, but I will keep working on it as long as I can.

Oh, I see now what you mean. That's amazing that you've picked up the ball and run with it. You must really love the skin also then. It's also cool that you possess the skills to do that. From what I see, you've really improved upon it too.  I may try manually installing the skin, but to tell you the truth, I'm a little scared to try and screw up my Kodi. Everything's working and every time I have fooled with it, I wind up reinstalling. However, I may have the courage to try once more. I hope you get some kind of reply from jingai one of these days.  It would be awesome if he'd let you take this over since he no longer cares to get involved. It would be such a shame to see this skin die off and never return to the official repository. Thank you for replying and being so nice about explaining what's going on... mad respect.
I wasn't going to make an alpha release available until I really got a chance to work on it, but some people asked for it.

I understand, I used to use the latest and greatest of the Kodi beta but I do so less in my old age now.

For those that need it, here is a zip release of that super early test version. Know that it has zero of the PVR changes made to Kodi 19 yet, so if you use a PVR you will not be happy.

All I ask is that you post what is broken in this Alpha thread only so I can know where to fix things.

EDIT: Changed link to point to the newest alpha release.
(2020-09-01, 14:59)MacGyver Wrote: I wasn't going to make an alpha release available until I really got a chance to work on it, but some people asked for it.

I understand, I used to use the latest and greatest of the Kodi beta but I do so less in my old age now.

For those that need it, here is a zip release of that super early test version. Know that it has zero of the PVR changes made to Kodi 19 yet, so if you use a PVR you will not be happy.

All I ask is that you post what is broken in this Alpha thread only so I can know where to fix things.
Your awesome, thank you so much for the link to your skin! So I can just go to Add-ons>install from zip and this will load up without me doing anything crazy, right? And, when you release ne versions, I install over the old one, or uninstall the old version first; then install the new version of the skin? Sorry for all the dumb questions. I just want to be sure I get the steps and "best practices" right.
(2020-09-01, 23:35)dpierce Wrote:
(2020-09-01, 14:59)MacGyver Wrote: I wasn't going to make an alpha release available until I really got a chance to work on it, but some people asked for it.

Your awesome, thank you so much for the link to your skin! So I can just go to Add-ons>install from zip and this will load up without me doing anything crazy, right? And, when you release ne versions, I install over the old one, or uninstall the old version first; then install the new version of the skin? Sorry for all the dumb questions. I just want to be sure I get the steps and "best practices" right.
Yes and yes, you can just install new versions over the top.
(2020-09-01, 23:38)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-09-01, 23:35)dpierce Wrote:

Okay, I think I may be an idiot... When attempting installing I get an error "Dependency of xbmc.gui 5.15.0 could not be satisfied".  I search the forums and from what I understand, it seems I'd need to modify the version number. Does that mean I change the addon.xml found in the skin.metropolis.zip MacGyver kindly gave me; from 5.15.0 to to 5.14.0? I fear he wouldn't want me screwing with his files and I want to be sure this is what is right. Thank you for your help.
(2020-09-02, 00:37)dpierce Wrote:
(2020-09-01, 23:38)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-09-01, 23:35)dpierce Wrote: Your awesome, thank you so much for the link to your skin! So I can just go to Add-ons>install from zip and this will load up without me doing anything crazy, right? And, when you release ne versions, I install over the old one, or uninstall the old version first; then install the new version of the skin? Sorry for all the dumb questions. I just want to be sure I get the steps and "best practices" right.

Okay, I think I may be an idiot... When attempting installing I get an error "Dependency of xbmc.gui 5.15.0 could not be satisfied".  I search the forums and from what I understand, it seems I'd need to modify the version number. Does that mean I change the addon.xml found in the skin.metropolis.zip MacGyver kindly gave me; from 5.15.0 to to 5.14.0? I fear he wouldn't want me screwing with his files and I want to be sure this is what is right. Thank you for your help.
Never mind. I'm on Kodi 18.8 and the readme in the skins zip clearly states that it's for Kodi 19. I guess I neglected to tell MacGyver that little nugget of information. I use the Windows store version for it's auto update. Hey, I did say I "might" be an idiot!
(2020-09-02, 01:17)dpierce Wrote: I did say I "might" be an idiot!

You are here installing an Alpha version of a fan created skin on the wrong version, I'd say you were a pioneer. Smile
(2020-09-02, 01:17)dpierce Wrote: Never mind. I'm on Kodi 18.8 and the readme in the skins zip clearly states that it's for Kodi 19.

This was just for those people that can't wait and are using Kodi 19 with no net. It has nothing new, just will install correctly on 19.
At least one user here that uses Metropolis + PVR.

tobor
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
(2020-09-02, 18:58)Tobor Wrote: At least one user here that uses Metropolis + PVR.

tobor

I added the Demo PVR Client, I'll see what I can do about adding the new feature from Kodi 19.
Is there anything normal that isn't working with the Alpha I posted?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking at Kodi 19 Alpha 10