Solved Linux Support Discontinued?
I am currently on Kodi 18.6 (Linux Mint 19.4) and was looking to upgrade my Kodi installation. I went to the official website and tried to download 18.8 but both the links take you to dead web pages and there doesn't appear to be any kind of package download. Has Kodi ceased Linux support, or is their website just broken?

I'm not all that flash on Linux, is there a way to install from the terminal, so I don't need a download page?
(2020-08-29, 05:34)Bad Wolf Wrote: I am currently on Kodi 18.6 (Linux Mint 19.4) and was looking to upgrade my Kodi installation. I went to the official website and tried to download 18.8 but both the links take you to dead web pages and there doesn't appear to be any kind of package download. Has Kodi ceased Linux support, or is their website just broken?

I'm not all that flash on Linux, is there a way to install from the terminal, so I don't need a download page?

Edit:
Sorted don't need the official website to upgrade.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt install kodi
(2020-08-29, 05:34)Bad Wolf Wrote: I went to the official website and tried to download 18.8 but both the links take you to dead web pages and there doesn't appear to be any kind of package download. Has Kodi ceased Linux support, or is their website just broken?

There is no download page for Kodi for Linux, but there is a link to the Install Guide on the Kodi Wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux
Kodi has its own PPA, you should use it for Ubuntu-based distributions.

Which of the links you used lead to dead pages?
(2020-08-29, 05:49)Bad Wolf Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 05:34)Bad Wolf Wrote: I am currently on Kodi 18.6 (Linux Mint 19.4) and was looking to upgrade my Kodi installation. I went to the official website and tried to download 18.8 but both the links take you to dead web pages and there doesn't appear to be any kind of package download. Has Kodi ceased Linux support, or is their website just broken?

Edit: Sorted don't need the official website to upgrade.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt install kodi
(2020-08-29, 05:50)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 05:34)Bad Wolf Wrote: I went to the official website and tried to download 18.8 but both the links take you to dead web pages and there doesn't appear to be any kind of package download. Has Kodi ceased Linux support, or is their website just broken?

There is no download page for Kodi for Linux, but there is a link to the Install Guide on the Kodi Wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux
Kodi has its own PPA, you should use it for Ubuntu-based distributions.

Which of the links you used lead to dead pages?
Does that link you just posted work for you? I am getting page not found.

FYI, got it updated.
That page link works fine here. Perhaps your Internet Provider has a problem with its DNS server, or Cloudflare is acting up in your area.
Thread marked solved.
(2020-08-29, 06:00)Klojum Wrote: Thread marked solved.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux Support Discontinued?0