• 116(current)
Release YouTube
(2023-03-01, 17:41)DjDiabolik Wrote: What a different source and developers have this addons ?

On @anxdpanic github it's 7.0.0 but not in your repo...... How it's possible ??
It takes a little while before changes and releases made in the developer's GitHub codebase get pushed to the Kodi update distribution channel, where they can be checked & approved before being published.
(2023-03-01, 17:38)edz2k9 Wrote:
(2023-03-01, 16:24)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-03-01, 16:21)edz2k9 Wrote: Just another one seeing buffering last few days - thats on an edge case machine so I set up a clean nexus version on my desktop pc (3700x 8 core / 16thread - no issues on network (540 down / 37 up)) still see the cache drain out and buffer if using input adaptive, as other said turn it off no issues.
it was speculation not fact...

have you compared lower resolution using inputstream vs normal inputstream by chance? since the lower resolution is what i speculated actually helped

Ah fair enough, nope but I can this evening.

Just my observations yesterday evening, switch IA to 720p saw only a couple of stalls in the buffer (the cache collapsed down to 0 then rebuilt - same as if I have it at 1080p) but switching off mpeg dash in the options I saw no buffer issues.
Purely my experience if it helps.
...And now I've started getting the error "The following content is not available in this app" for all videos.

Is anyone else getting this?
Yes -- youtube add-on 6.8.25+matrix.1 on Kodi 19.5 (OSMC on Raspberry Pi).
(2023-03-02, 23:58)paol Wrote: ...And now I've started getting the error "The following content is not available in this app" for all videos.

Is anyone else getting this?

Yes, for about the last 24 hours or thereabouts.. 3 different machines. all Kodi 20.0 with 7.0.0 addon
I don't think the issue is related to Kodi specifically, it's happening to most non official YouTube apps it seems across a litany of devices. Seek time is very slow, cache fills extremely slowly, doesn't really matter what resolution, bitrate, or internet speed.

Hopefully YouTube isn't pulling the reins on bandwidth to non official clients
Can someone confirm google services had problems this week, could this be related to the problems we have with the addon ?
With my Kodi installation (Kodi 20.0.0, Youtube 7.0.0 alpha2) I have the following problem:

After it ran smoothly and without any problems for many months, suddenly all Youtube videos start at Full HD resolution (as I want it), then after a short time the resolution drops to SHD, then to 864xsomething, then to VGA!

What is up there?

Anyone who had the same problem and could fix it??
Any work around for the buffering issues? It's becoming worse by the day
"We won't tell you what to do, not to do or how to use our software." -DarrenHill
Videos no longer buffer for me but if I try and FF the video, it freezes the picture and sound at 4X and higher. I guess the bandwidth is insufficient. I have a gigabit internet connection and this only started a few days ago.
Hmm..
After getting the error "The following content is not available in this app" for all videos, and from reading back over the last few days of this thread, I decided to generate a new set of API keys.. Now i get 'The YouTube add-on now requires that you use your own API keys.'
Even though i have correctly entered the new API Key, ID & Secret. (and have confirmed all 3 have made their way into api_keys.json & settings.xml and been through the whole google.com/device bizzo).   Add-On Uninstall/reinstall did not help.. switching 'Use Developer keys' on or off doesn't help. (which way should that be BTW? default seems to be on.)

20.0.0 with add-on 7.0.0
@anxdpanic
since today this issue: "The following content is not available in this app"
https://paste.kodi.tv/azubaqixud.kodi

Thank you
Having the same problem since about one month, randomly, more often than not, I start getting that error message for a few days, then everything works fine again for a few more days and so on.
This has happened 4 or 5 times since about one month (see my initial post about 2 pages before this one). Just recently: yesterday no problems, today same "not available" message for any video.

I tried generating new keys, updating Ubuntu/Kodi/the plugin, resetting the cache, every time rebooting the computer, but nothing changes.

*EDIT* forgot to include quoted message, see below (I was trying to delete this message, but found no option to do so)
(2023-03-06, 14:59)sus67 Wrote: @anxdpanic
since today this issue: "The following content is not available in this app"
https://paste.kodi.tv/azubaqixud.kodi

Thank you
Having the same problem since about one month, randomly, more often than not, I start getting that error message for a few days, then everything works fine again for a few more days and so on.
This has happened 4 or 5 times since about one month (see my initial post about 2 pages before this one). Just recently: yesterday no problems, today same "not available" message for any video.

I tried generating new keys, updating Ubuntu/Kodi/the plugin, resetting the cache, every time rebooting the computer, but nothing changes.
All videos fail with "The following content is not available on this app." #393

Seen too late….
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0