• 104(current)
Release YouTube
So... formatted my SD card on my media player and reinstalled everything and scraped my data etc. Everything great... then I get to YouTube.

Some reason, kept getting a 401 invalid client type error when I got to the 2 part verification process, so, followed this video and blew away/recreated my API stuff. This time, instead of an error in the upper-right corner, I get a message in the middle of the screen saying LoginException:[401] deleted_client, and a message about using your own API keys. Has a link, which I went to, first thing I saw was "Settings -> API -> Enable personal API keys = ENABLED" which I don't have.

On the API screen on my browser, it says "Successfully updated: API Key, API Id, API SecretPersonal API keys are enabled." and on my KODI the keys all show up.

No idea what the error means. Just blew away and re-created all new keys, and I used my web browser for copy/paste of the API keys so, no typos or anything. And obviously, they're my keys.

3:30am, spent an hour on this... done for the night. Anyone have any suggestions for me to try tomorrow? Thanks

Before I forget, it's a Beelink GT1 Ultimate running CoreElec 9.2.8. YouTube 6.8.20.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
Well... blew away everything in the API screens and recreated everything from scratch using the TV Services option, got the codes, same thing. I can authenticate on my PC no errors, but before the 2nd verification pops up, I get the 401 deleted_client error again. I saw someone mention to get the 2nd screen they had to use their phone so used mine and no difference.

I think it's that setting option to enable personal API keys. 6.8.20 is the newest that shows for me. I even installed the panicked.xyz repository and installed from there. 

So... just tried the Github and downloaded/installed 6.8.21~alpha3. This time I was able to put my first verification code in, and the screen popped up with the 2nd code... put that in and my PC's browser this time came up with

YouTube Addon has not completed the Google verification process. The app is currently being tested, and can only be accessed by developer-approved testers. If you think you should have access, contact the developer.
If you are a developer of YouTube Addon, see error details.
Error 403: access_denied

Tried dropping to 6.8.18 as well, same deal. Used different browsers and my phone but on the 2nd verification I get the same denied error. And all 3 versions, none had that API setting in the addon. What version should I have? do I need an extra addon/dependencies installed?

UPDATE - Fixed it... needed to publish. 2nd verification came up with security warning, clicked to proceed anyways and so far so good.

FIX LINK
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
(2022-10-24, 21:12)arsMOBILIS Wrote:
(2022-10-22, 21:19)JMelo Wrote: YouTube plugin and Age restrictions aka. Safety mode
V6.8.20+matrix.1

Watching DyE - Fantasy - Official Video
h__ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg&ab_channel=TigersushiRecords
Refuses to be reproduced because: "this content may be inappropriate for some users"

I use personal API keys and the account they are attached to already has its birthday set in the profile, with 1980 as the birth year. This obviously was not enough to disable the age restrictions.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Just came here for a solution for this same problem. Tried to watch a video from one of my regular subscriptions and got this message. Doesn't appear to be any way in this plugin to override this block.

Also just got this error trying to watch a trailer for a movie through the movie information page in Kodi.

"This video may be inappropriate for some users"

I have 'safe search' set to none and 'age gate' set to off in YouTube add-on settings.
I'm working in a nursing home and trying to build a simple kodi install that relies on youtube playlists that I update for residents. 

-I have the timers addon, but I can't make it work with the addon. ie when I right-click a playlist or video while browsing the youtube addon, it gives me a message that this content won't work with the timer. And when I'm creating timers from within the timers addon, it doesn't let me select the youtube addon content. For instance, I set a time so that mealtimes the tv automatically stops playing programs. The timer stops the youtube playlist I have playing, but after the timer ends, the content doesn't resume even though 'resume content' is highlighted.

-When I start playing a youtube playlist in the addon, I can pull up the side panel, and click 'save' to create a library playlist. This makes a playlist using the youtube videos that I can then apply timers to, but it isn't synced with the original youtube playlist and updated. It's essential that I be able to update a playlist on youtube and have everything synced. Is there a way I can more easily sync my youtube playlists with my library?
Sigh... so, finished making changes and tweeks to my DB of files and when I was done, I formatted my SD card and reinstalled CoreElec/Kodi because only takes a few minutes.

Installed YouTube addon from ZIP (6.8.20) went in and added the API keys (copy/paste making sure no extra spaces at the start/end) and back to the same BS error message in the upper right corner about client ID.

What's the deal?

Wiped out API Keys and OAuth 2.0 Client ID's, recreated, added them in and same deal. Why is this so fussy? I use to just copy/paste and done the first try but now I'm deleting and recreating from scratch. 

Any ideas why getting the errors again despite having recreated everything less than a day ago?
i have an issue with kodi 20 beta 1 and the youtube addon. i have an own api key and enabled geo location (language german). if i browse recommended videos or "my abonnements" i can scroll through the list until the end. but if i should see "next page" kodi runs into a crash. everytime. so i don't know if this an addon issue or an kodi issue.
debug log here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/vurubozogu.kodi
system: windows 10, plattform ryzen 2200g / 8GB Ram
Well... working again... twice this seemed to work.

Installed 6.8.18, add the API's and verification fails.

Upgrade to 6.8.20 through Kodi repository, check and API still there, try verification and works.

Both times I had issues, this was what worked. Install everything in 6.8.18, fail, update to 6.8.20, works.
Quote:Now also getting the "Video Not Available", "The following content is not available on this app. Watch this content on the latest version of YouTube" for every video. Subscriptions appear fine. Running Matrix 19.4.0 on OpenElec 10.0.2 on a Pi 4. Any fixes for this, please?

Did you ever solve this problem? This error has cropped up for me too and I can't find a fix.

EDIT: I messed up the quote formula on mobile but this problem was the one I was chasing. Sorry.
Is there a length limit on playback?

I have a livestream video that is 2hrs and  44 mns long and it only comes up as 2hrs on my Pi running Kodi ... it comes up properly in my browser on my computer but not on my television through my Pi ... is this the app or a YouTube restriction?

this is the video in question https://youtu.be/o-xhD-cvqGc

update: checked Kodi YouTube app on my computer and it also has the same cut off at 2hrs as the Pi
Hello,

I'm using Kodi Matrix 19.4 under Linux and RaspBerry2 and YouTube official add-on 6.8.20+matrix.1.

My question is: Can I export YouTube search history from this version of the add-on in order to import it in older versions of the add-on?

I've tried to move [USR_PROFILE]/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search.sqlite from my Kodi Matrix 19.4 system to an older Leia system (RaspBerry1) but when trying to access the search history there it throws an error and shows nothing.

My suspicion is that the version of the SQLite database is different (and non backwards compatible) for YouTube add-on under Matrix and under Leia, and I can't update the add-on on my older system (it's tied to LibreElec 9 accompanied by Kodi Leia, without option to update to LibreElec 10 with Kodi Matrix).

Maybe modifying (exporting) the search.sqlite via additional and external software?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Sorry for posting this same message on https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...id=3118389 but I discovered the present thread afterwards...
@vichman If this happens again just ask a mod to merge your thread before making a duplicate post.

I will bin your other thread to avoid confusion on this occasion.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Having problems playing YouTube trailers. Figured out how to get the log. Please see time: 08:20:15 for the error.

https://paste.kodi.tv/onuzodojeg

Thank you!
@pauls156 - your question has been merged into the main YT support thread (this current one).

As you have been told before, do not just keep starting random duplicate threads asking the same question. Consider this your final warning on the subject.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok, sorry, just getting extremely aggravated trying to figure this out and just want to be done with it. Wont do other separate posts on the problem.
I do not know if part of it is signing in to the YouTube app but I am unable to do this as well. I input the code on Google.com/device however once my device becomes connected, the second code to input never shows up bit just sits on the first code. Both devices are connected to the same network. The only time the second code pops up is if I hit cancel in the first sign-in box with the code…
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0